ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bigdebo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Asylum seeker

Post by Bigdebo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 am

Hello, please I will need advice on behalf of my sister that’s she still seeking asylum in france. She told me her boyfriend just got UK ILR. Is it possible for them to get marry in france and apply for her to join him in UK without any hitch ?

secret.simon

Re: Asylum seeker

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 am

Does her UK ILR boyfriend meet the Minimum Income Requirement of £18,600 per annum and can she pass an English speaking test?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bigdebo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bigdebo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Yes, she can pass it because she from English speaking country.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Bigdebo wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 am
Hello, please I will need advice on behalf of my sister that’s she still seeking asylum in france. She told me her boyfriend just got UK ILR. Is it possible for them to get marry in france and apply for her to join him in UK without any hitch ?
Does she have a legal status in France? This will influence her ability to both get married and apply for a visa from there.

Does her fiancé earn 18600 £ per year or more? This is one of the requirements for both the fiancé visa (if they want to marry in the UK) or the spouse visa (if they can manage to marry elsewhere).
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.