ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash Savings Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

banane76
Newly Registered
Canada

Cash Savings Route

Post by banane76 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi everyone! Thank you for having me. Just received my visa extension FLRM so I'm just gathering the info for the next step which will be Oct 2023. The time just creeps up on you! Anyways, I downloaded the appendix with the financial section and was trying to understand the table for the cash savings route for ILR. For Spouse and FLR it was 62,500. But for the ILR section, am I correct that for cash savings, it is 46,500 with no other income needed? On other forums, people have written that it's 34,600 but not sure how that number is calculated. It doesn't really explain it that well in the appendix. Thank you! :)

vinny

Re: Cash Savings Route

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Assuming income requirement is £18,600 (no children).

Supreme Court’s minimum savings calculation £34,600 for ILR is correct.

Note Appendix FM 1.7: financial requirement's £46,500 is not the minimum savings amount for ILR. It’s just part of an example.

For clarity, the Guidance’s examples should have included this row:
(34,600 - 16,000)
= £18,600
Hence, minimum savings amount £34,600 for ILR is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.