ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement scheme - Getting married after December

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amsj11991
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

EU Settlement scheme - Getting married after December

Post by amsj11991 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Hi,

I have been trying to understand if its possible to apply for the EU settlement scheme as a spouse of a EU citizen if we are getting married next month. My fiancee has pre-settled status since 2019, and we have been living together for almost 3 years (we have proof such as tenancy agreement, bills, council tax). If we get married next month, and we apply to the settlement scheme before the 30th of June, does our case apply to receive pre-settled?

I am confused because I am not sure if I would still need the residence permit in the basis of a durable partner of a EU citizen as proof as well. Because the documentation says that you need to provide the same documentation as if you were applying as a durable partner (residence permit is a must there). And what I have at the moment is a Tier 2 visa, never had residence permit based on relationship to him.

Hope it makes sense!
Thanks.