ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request of Assurance for my parents who are here on a visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bathra007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Request of Assurance for my parents who are here on a visit visa

Post by Bathra007 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi All,

Both my parents are here from Mumbai (India) on a visit visa. They got a long term visit visa (5 year) however the permitted stay in UK is only 180 days per visit

They arrived on the 28th October 2020 from Mumbai and accordingly the plan was for them to leave by the 20th April 2021.( thereby complying with the 180 days stay).

With everything happening with regards to the spike in cases in Mumbai I would like them to stay till at-least end of June 21.(which is 2 months beyond their permitted stay) that way they can also have both doses of vaccine and then leave

I have applied for “Request of Assurance” to CIHAssuranceTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk siting the reason that the appointment for second dose of the vaccine is not available until mid-June 21 also attaching a screen print of NHS website which confirm the second dose date for them. I am still awaiting response (been almost 10 days)

My only question is parents being on a 5 year visa which expires in 2025 however if the response from does not come in time would it be better to send them back? with a heavy heart (as cases have really spiked up in Mumbai) or would it be ok to take the chance and let them stay till June ? (beyond the permitted 180 days per visit)

Thank you
Mr. S

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Request of Assurance for my parents who are here on a visit visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:45 pm

If they overstay without permission they will never be allowed to return to the UK.

Bathra007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bathra007 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Thank you for the response and I agree however I am still awaiting a response from on Request of Assurance team (CIHAssuranceTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk )

It been over 10 days is there a way to follow up ? or is there a telephone number I should call ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 pm

You have a relatively weak case to apply for "exceptional assurance" from the CIHAssurance team.

Their focus is on people who are unable to leave the UK. Waiting for a second coronavirus shot does not sound like an inability, but an unwillingness, two entirely different things.

The Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents page on the Gov.UK website states
If you are granted ‘exceptional assurance’ it will act as a short-term protection against any adverse action or consequences after your leave has expired.... Exceptional assurance does not grant you leave. It is a means to protect those who are unable to leave the UK due to COVID-19 restrictions and not to facilitate travel, other than to return home.
Be aware that even if they are granted permission to exceed their 180 day stay, they can have problems with traveling to the UK in the future.

We have seen cases on these forums where people who have overstayed the period of time they stated on their application (but within the limits of the visit visa issued) were refused subsequent visit visas as they had overstayed the length of time they had requested on their application form.

So, for instance, if the applicant stated that they would stay in the UK for 3 weeks, but stayed 3 months (which is within the 180 day window of the visit visa), they were denied visit visas as they were held to have lied on their original application form.

The Home Office takes a very hard line on visit visas being used to effectively reside in the UK, even by a matter of weeks and as @Frontier Mole mentioned above, there may be complications when any future visit visa applications come up.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bathra007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bathra007 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Thank you again for a detailed response..

Just for my information is there a way to follow up on "request of assurance"? You see the other issue now is there might be a lock down in India ( news to be confirmed in next few days) due to COVID cases spikes in Mumbai so not sure if the flight would go there in the next few weeks.

As my father is partially handicapped (due to a stroke he had 5 years back) I may have to accompany my parents and go to India with them in April which will be another massive task from an admin and permission prospective. (I am a British citizen)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 am

Bathra007 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:38 pm
My only question is parents being on a 5 year visa which expires in 2025 however if the response from does not come in time would it be better to send them back?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

minxclaws
Newly Registered

Post by minxclaws » Sun May 02, 2021 10:48 am

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever received a response from the government as I’m in the process of applying for the same.

Your feedback would be much appreciated

Thank you

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu May 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Bathra007 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:38 pm
Hi All,

Both my parents are here from Mumbai (India) on a visit visa. They got a long term visit visa (5 year) however the permitted stay in UK is only 180 days per visit

They arrived on the 28th October 2020 from Mumbai and accordingly the plan was for them to leave by the 20th April 2021.( thereby complying with the 180 days stay).

With everything happening with regards to the spike in cases in Mumbai I would like them to stay till at-least end of June 21.(which is 2 months beyond their permitted stay) that way they can also have both doses of vaccine and then leave

I have applied for “Request of Assurance” to CIHAssuranceTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk siting the reason that the appointment for second dose of the vaccine is not available until mid-June 21 also attaching a screen print of NHS website which confirm the second dose date for them. I am still awaiting response (been almost 10 days)

My only question is parents being on a 5 year visa which expires in 2025 however if the response from does not come in time would it be better to send them back? with a heavy heart (as cases have really spiked up in Mumbai) or would it be ok to take the chance and let them stay till June ? (beyond the permitted 180 days per visit)

Thank you
Mr. S
Hi

Sorry to ask you this question but how did your parents get a coronavirus vaccine since they are here on tourist visa and I have heard tourist visa people cant get covid vaccine . You need NHS number and you cant register them as full time but only as temporary patient which is valid for 14 days

So could you please let me know how you got them a vaccine ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:37 pm

yomishu wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:11 pm
how did your parents get a coronavirus vaccine since they are here on tourist visa and I have heard tourist visa people cant get covid vaccine .
Where are you reading this? WhatsApp? It is nonsense.
yomishu wrote:
You need NHS number and you cant register them as full time but only as temporary patient which is valid for 14 days
More nonsense. For the correct information, see the government's COVID-19 Migrant Health guide, last updated today:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-mi ... alth-guide
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:37 pm
yomishu wrote:
how did your parents get a coronavirus vaccine since they are here on tourist visa and I have heard tourist visa people cant get covid vaccine .
Where are you reading this? WhatsApp? It is nonsense.
yomishu wrote:
You need NHS number and you cant register them as full time but only as temporary patient which is valid for 14 days
More nonsense. For the correct information, see the government's COVID-19 Migrant Health guide, last updated today:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-mi ... alth-guide
This was the information from NHS GP , they told me that i need to try private but i could get any private vaccine info

Thank you for the guide - i will print that out and show it to GP

Thanks alot

kdhingra
Newly Registered

Post by kdhingra » Sun May 16, 2021 6:44 pm

Hello @Batra007, can you please update the response for your application as it would help other people like me who are in the similar situation to apply for the parents