ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr(m) and uc

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alan1uk
Newly Registered

Flr(m) and uc

Post by Alan1uk » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi all,
This is a question I'm getting worried about at the start of covid I claimed UC for Myself a British citizen and my children also British, Uc required my wife who is from outside EEA to be on it for income and capital purposes and it was later converted to a standard single claim but as time is getting closer for us to apply for FLR, I am starting to get concerned about the UC and the housing element of it I have contacted the UC people and they say its a single claim and would get the same money regardless if she was in the house or not.

Does anybody have any experience with this, therefore, give some advice or whether I should be worried about this, if so what to do?
thanks in Advance if anybody could help

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Flr(m) and uc

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:16 am

Alan1uk wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm
Hi all,
This is a question I'm getting worried about at the start of covid I claimed UC for Myself a British citizen and my children also British, Uc required my wife who is from outside EEA to be on it for income and capital purposes and it was later converted to a standard single claim but as time is getting closer for us to apply for FLR, I am starting to get concerned about the UC and the housing element of it I have contacted the UC people and they say its a single claim and would get the same money regardless if she was in the house or not.

Does anybody have any experience with this, therefore, give some advice or whether I should be worried about this, if so what to do?
thanks in Advance if anybody could help
Was the claim done jointly? Did you provide information UC regarding your other partner subjected to immigration control?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Alan1uk
Newly Registered

Re: Flr(m) and uc

Post by Alan1uk » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Was the claim done jointly? Did you provide information UC regarding your other partner subjected to immigration control?
[/quote]

To start the UC process they required us both on the claim, then she was denied UC, we told them that she cannot claim UC under nrpf before and on the claim and many times on journal.