ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I did not declare my youth Caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

I did not declare my youth Caution

Post by DomBoxer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 am

hello friends

So, today i am going to my UKVACAS appointment for 11am, and I've got this youth caution or warning on my mind which I didn't declare when I was caught smoking a spliff back in June 2012 now about 9 years ago... I was 16 at the time.

First I didn't declare it as my friend from boxing club is a Inspector in the MET Police
and said I should not declare it and said "It should be ok as it’s not a dishonesty offence
Or violence.. so I said yeah Ok.. didn't decleare it but the HO is no joke so i reaserched and I found this... on
Gov.uk Guidance DBS filtering guide

What Police National Computer (PNC) records will be disclosed automatically on a DBS Standard or Enhanced certificate?

Standard and Enhanced DBS certificates will include details of convictions and cautions (excluding youth cautions, reprimands and warnings) recorded on the PNC.

the guide tells that youth cautions are not automatically disclosed... but what happens if the Home Office will see the youth caution and I haven't decleared it?

Do You think they will see it and if they do, I might be refused naturalisation?

vinny

Re: I did not declare my youth Caution

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:50 am

If a caution was over 3 years ago, then it should have no/little effect.

If you declare it, then it shouldn’t lead to a refusal.
However, if you do not declare it, then there is a danger of being accused of deception and a ten year ban.

Which option would be a safer choice?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DomBoxer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 am

I understand
Thanks Vinny

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DomBoxer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:52 pm

I believe I didn't fully understand the consequences of not declering it as it never reeally affected me
As the case is only a month old, I am going to write an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain the situation

I've never been in trouble with the Police before and after that incident.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:46 pm

DomBoxer wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:52 pm
I believe I didn't fully understand the consequences of not declering it as it never reeally affected me
As the case is only a month old, I am going to write an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain the situation

I've never been in trouble with the Police before and after that incident.
Just declare it in a small note in the email so you are covered. Do not bother for their reply. As long you have declared (to be on the safe side), your good. It will not affect your application outcome as @Vinny already said.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DomBoxer » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 am

Thanks guys, You're a massive help, and support.

I just sent them an email saying I forgot about the incident as was very young, and didnt disclose it intentionally and nothing like that happened before or after.

Will the email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk be enough? or should I send a letter to HO?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:07 am

Email is fine. Hope you mentioned your Name, DOB, Nationality, UAN. You are overthinking. You have sent them an email before a decision is made. You are covered now. Relax. It will not affect your case. Keep the email proof saved.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DomBoxer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:52 am

Yes in my email I includded
APPLICANT NAME
UNIQUE APPLICATION NUMBER
PASSPORT NUMBERY
COUNTRY OF NATIONALITY
DATE OF APPLICATION
The email is saved on my files, its a massive relief, thank you

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DomBoxer » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 pm

so I sent the Email, and after 3 months and one week it has been successful :)