ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living In UK - Exit Dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukindian23
India

British Citizenship online - Children whose birth parent is not your partner?

Post by ukindian23 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi
I am applying for Citizenship after 1 year of ILR. I have a few questions, most importantly the answer to this question

1. Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner?
This question is very confusing to me because I do not have a partner now but I do have a child with my latest partner/wife. I am divorced now. But my child is with my previous partner in India. I am assuming the answer to above should be YES.

2. For online application, there is a checklist for which they asked
  • Proof of living in the UK for <Applicant Name> for 5 years if applying in your own right
Is this the same as Passport. Otherwise, what else should be shown as proof.
  • <Applicant Name>'s proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Again, what should I submit for this proof. There is already line item to show BRP.

3. Regarding the references, I am assuming I should download the reference forms, attach their photos and get their signatures on the forms and carry them to the appointment.

4. It is mentioned that it will take upto 6 months now to process the applications. Please advise the average time it is taking to get the Citizenship during this Covid times.

5. While the application is in the process, can I travel outside of UK for any emergency because I will still have my passport and ILR with me, as I will have to travel to India in June.

Appreciate your advise at the earliest.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship online - Children whose birth parent is not your partner?

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:23 pm

1. Answer yes.

2. Passports and ilr brp card.

3. Yes bit it is YOUR photo you paste on the forms not their photo.

4. There are delays and yes it can normally even take up to 6 months. Ceremonies are also delayed.

5. Free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukindian23
India

Re: British Citizenship online - Children whose birth parent is not your partner?

Post by ukindian23 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Great! Thanks for quick reply. Especially it's relieving that I can travel.

I was reading through some posts and a bit confused with whole process as I haven't come to the end of the application form yet.

1. After the form is completed and fee is paid, should I download, print and sent the form by post or should I simply upload the soft copies of the documents required.

2. Also, regarding the photos, do you mean, on each referee declaration form, my photo should be attached and the referee just signs at the bottom.

3. When the application is approved, does it mean the applicant gets the British Passport delivered to the addressed or does it need to be applied separately.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 am

1. You don't print the online form. It is all electronic now. After submitting online, you upload your supporting documents before your biometrics appointment.

2. Yes, there is also referee information that has to be put in the form.

3. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony. The approval letter is simply a letter. Passport is a separate application and fee payable that you make only after you have attended your ceremony and received your naturalisation certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:27 am

Very clear. Thanks again for all the help.

I shall check for appointments info on other threads and start a new one if I can't find there.

ukindian23
India

Proof of Living In UK - Exit Dates

Post by ukindian23 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Hi
I am applying for Naturalization after 14 months of ILR and got my appointment in a week.

I am confused about the two evidences

1. Proof of living in the UK for <applicant> for 5 years if applying in your own right
Question: As there is no exit stamp while leaving the country in the passport, is it enough to as proof for this. And, how does Home Office keep track of the exit dates.

2. <Applicant>'s proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Question: Is it not applicable for someone submitting the application under ILR received through Tier 1/2 or should I submit any proof for this.

The guide says this but none of them I have.
Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK
• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence that you were not in the UK without permission between exhausting your appeal rights and being granted indefinite leave to remain.
• Evidence of being freely landed, if you did not receive specific permission because you were freely landed as a Commonwealth citizen before 1971 or arrived as a child on your parent’s passport.

Thanks

ukindian23
India

Re: Proof of Living In UK - Exit Dates

Post by ukindian23 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 pm

Please can someone advise on these. Is Passport enough for these two and how are the country exit dates tracked.
1. Proof of living in the UK for <applicant> for 5 years if applying in your own right
Question: As there is no exit stamp while leaving the country in the passport, is it enough to as proof for this. And, how does Home Office keep track of the exit dates.
Question: Is it not applicable for someone submitting the application under ILR received through Tier 1/2 or should I submit any proof for this.
Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 pm

ukindian23 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 pm
Please can someone advise on these. Is Passport enough for these two and how are the country exit dates tracked.
Thanks
Passport for the former and ILR BRP for the latter.

The Home office can verify the exit dates you list against the Advanced Passenger Information that is submitted by you to airlines (and which is shared with the government).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:42 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 pm
The Home office can verify the exit dates you list against the Advanced Passenger Information that is submitted by you to airlines (and which is shared with the government).
Dear secret.simon,

Three years ago, I travelled outside the UK to Dubai, and when I asked for SAR there was no details about my flight, I do not remember which airlines I used. Only Dubai stamped the entry on my passport.
I used that stamp as a UK leaving date.
That means if the HO depend on the Advanced Passenger Information, they will find many wrongs in the record.