ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quickest way to get a schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

india22
Newly Registered

quickest way to get a schengen visa

Post by india22 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi everybody,

I am a EU national and my husband (non EU) and I want to travel to Spain at the end of the month.
the earliest appointment we have been able to get with the Spanih embassy is for Nov 10th - too late.

Does anybody know which embassy has the shortest waiting time for appointments and visas?

Do you reckon I could try to go to my own consulate (italian) and beg to see if they can give him a shengen visa? (I have emailed them but they refuse to issue him with one since he no longer needs a visa to travel to Italy as they have now implemented the new "freedom of movement" directive??

thanks
I

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: quickest way to get a schengen visa

Post by Plum70 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:33 am

india22 wrote:Hi everybody,

I am a EU national and my husband (non EU) and I want to travel to Spain at the end of the month.
the earliest appointment we have been able to get with the Spanih embassy is for Nov 10th - too late.

Does anybody know which embassy has the shortest waiting time for appointments and visas?

Do you reckon I could try to go to my own consulate (italian) and beg to see if they can give him a shengen visa? (I have emailed them but they refuse to issue him with one since he no longer needs a visa to travel to Italy as they have now implemented the new "freedom of movement" directive??
thanks
I
Last time I checked, the french embassy had some appointments from mid october...

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: quickest way to get a schengen visa

Post by djb123 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:37 am

india22 wrote:Hi everybody,

thanks
I
The Polish Embassy website says

When you apply in person, you do not need to book an appointment. You can submit your visa application between the following working hours:

Monday-Wednesday: 9-14
Thursday: 13-18
Friday: 9-14

Please note, that the visa application are accepted on the first come, first served basis.