ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShockWave
Newly Registered
Albania

Non Eu visa

Post by ShockWave » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Hello there

I am 3 years living at UK with pre settled status.
Can I bring one of my parents here while she being in Albania?

Consider that Albania is not in EU.

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Re: Non Eu visa

Post by avro1959 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:29 am

ShockWave wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm
Hello there

Is your plan to have your parent move to the UK permanently? If so, your parent can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, based on your pre-settled status. This application is free. You would need to provide your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

Once she receives the permit and moves to the UK, she can then apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. At present, there is no requirement to prove dependency or income. Dependency is assumed.

If she is only visiting temporarily, she can apply for a regular visitor visa, however this costs upwards of 95 pounds depending on the duration of the visa.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

ShockWave wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm
Hello there

Are you a EU citizen yourself?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ShockWave
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by ShockWave » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:47 am

I am an EU citizen but my mother is not.

I want her to stay here permanently with me.

The problem is that she have only Albanian Citizenship which is not part of EU or EEA I guess.

I dont know where Albania stands at.

ShockWave
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by ShockWave » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:55 am

avro1959 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:29 am
Is your plan to have your parent move to the UK permanently? If so, your parent can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, based on your pre-settled status. This application is free. You would need to provide your birth certificate to prove the relationship.
Is this hard to get?

Can I do it by myself or do I need a lawyer ?

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm

If you want her to live with you permanently, then the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit is the right approach. It's a straightforward application in most cases. Based on your facts you shared, she would be eligible. If however there are other circumstances that make this complicated (for example, bad immigration history, previous refusals, criminal convictions, etc.), then you may want to consult a lawyer.

The application is online. After submitting the application, she would have to make an appointment to provide biometrics - fingerprints and photo. This would be in Albania. She would also need to provide her passport, your birth certificate to prove relationship, and the reference number for your EU Settlement Scheme status.

Here's the link to the government webpage to apply - https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit