ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Extension: Pre ILR or post ILR of Main Applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thevar
India

PBS Dependant Extension: Pre ILR or post ILR of Main Applicant

Post by thevar » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 pm

Hello Admins and Experts,

*** First and foremost, apologies :oops: if I am posting this in the wrong channel. Please advise if I have and I will immediately remove this post ***

I am on a Skilled Worker Visa valid until Jan 2023. However, I am due to apply early for ILR in Sept 2022.
My spouse is on PBS dependant visa valid until Sept 2022; however he cannot apply for ILR until Sep 2025 (his clock was reset due to change of visa category in 2020).

Now my dilemma :?: is
1. Should he apply to extend his PBS dependant visa before I apply for ILR?
OR
2. Should he apply to extend his PBS dependant visa after I apply for ILR and have gotten my ILR BRP?

If he chooses Option 1, he will have to quote my Skilled Worker Visa COS & BRP number.
- a) Would that mean that he will be extended only until Jan 2023 since my current BRP is valid until Jan 2023 as stated above?
- b) Or will he be extended automatically for 3 years from the date of extension submission?
- c) If he choose this route, will his extended visa be affected if I apply for ILR?

If he chooses Option 2,
- d) will he have to quote anything other than my ILR BRP number (like a COS number)? Asking this, since my ILR BRP would not have any associated COS number.
- e) Again, in this case, will he be extended automatically for 3 years from the date of extension submission?

What should be the best approach? :idea:

This post may be unusually a very early one but I hope you agree that its never too early to be self aware of any situation :) Appreciate your response, advice and suggestions!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension: Pre ILR or post ILR of Main Applicant

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 pm

Option 2 is the one. Apply either at the same time as you apply for ilr or after but dependent just apply and pay before their current visa expires. You still need to input your tier 2 details for a dependent even if you have ilr. It will be a 3 year extension.

Option 1 means that the visa will be granted with the same expiry date as your current visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thevar
India

Post by thevar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am

Many thanks CR001 :)

2 more questions then if I choose Option 2 as per your guidance:
1. So when I apply for ILR, will the option to extend my spouse PBS dependant visa automatically come on my weblink form or will he have to apply for the extension as a separate application/process?

2. How will the system know or confirm whether to extend him until Jan 2023 or to extend him until Sep 2025?...since his application will contain my Skilled Worker Visa BRP/COS details and NOT my ILR details!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 am

1. Separate application and form.

2. You reference your ilr apllication in a letter for the dependent application. Ukvi will know it is a 3 year extension for dependents. Thei application will only be processed and decided AFTER your ilr is successful. If you ilr fails, their application will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thevar
India

Post by thevar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:27 pm

Many thanks again CR001!! Crystal-clear as always :D