ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To work in Germany with EUFAM4 from Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sahil

To work in Germany with EUFAM4 from Ireland

Post by Sahil » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:56 am

Hi guys,

i wonder if some one could help me please. i am living and working in Ireland since 2001. i have married to an Austrian girl in 2006 and she is living with me since then here in ireland. i have got EUFAM4 from irish govt this year valid until 2012.

we both want to move to Germany. i am wondering what is the process for me to be able to work in Germany and how long the process will take?

any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

Sahil

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:45 pm

When you are in germany and have a place to stay your wife needs to go to the local city hall to register (every person living in germany needs to regsiter with the local city hall, called Einwohnermeldeamt).

Then you can go with her registration and your marriage certificate to the Aliens Department (Auslaenderbehoerde) , which is usually located in the same building and get your Residency stamp there (Aufenthaltsgenehmigung). In most cities they will do it on the spot, and there is no need to wait for 6 months or so.

Pretty painless process in germany, tbh.