ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from regulated UK accountant for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anuar
Russia

PhD versus IELTS Exam- what to provide in Application form?

Post by Anuar » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:43 pm

Dear Friends,

Could you please provide me with some advice? I have Ph.D. degree from US university (completed in English), but I don't have official transcripts, and the degree itself in Latin. I have the results of the IELTS B1 life in the UK test (passed). In the application form for ILR, I am asked:

"Do you have a degree taught in English?"

If I chose yes - it asked me about the transcript or degree with my name/university/etc. Plus, following the instructions on gov.uk website, even this degree must be verified by UK NARIC and I don't have this verification (that is why I took the IELTS exam). So, replying that I have such a degree - I will not be able to provide the required verification.

But if I choose that I don't have such a degree I would provide false information.

Have you met with such a situation?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: PhD versus IELTS Exam- what to provide in Application form?

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 am

UKVI is only interested to know how you meet the English Requirement.

Choose NO to degree taught in english.
Your degree does not meet the English Requirements for an immigration application without NARIC.

The form will let you choose the option for B1 SELT instead, add those details in. It will generate the checklist accurately then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anuar
Russia

Re: PhD versus IELTS Exam- what to provide in Application form?

Post by Anuar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Thanks!

Anuar
Russia

Previous Application to Home Office Number - what to provide?

Post by Anuar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Dear Friends,

I have met with the following question in my ILR application:

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

Initially, I applied (through an immigration lawyer who is unreachable now) for my Tier 1 visa and I have in my records the APPLICATION ID, which has format GWF0xxxxxxxx.

Should I provide this number, or I should choose the option 'NO' (because they also suggest -If not known, select 'No'-)?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous Application to Home Office Number - what to provide?

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Anuar wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm
Dear Friends,

I have met with the following question in my ILR application:

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

Initially, I applied (through an immigration lawyer who is unreachable now) for my Tier 1 visa and I have in my records the APPLICATION ID, which has format GWF0xxxxxxxx.

Should I provide this number, or I should choose the option 'NO' (because they also suggest -If not known, select 'No'-)?

Thanks in advance.
If known question. Leave it blank OR provide Home Office Case ID/UAN or BRP number if you have any, one of them can be used.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anuar
Russia

Post by Anuar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks!

Anuar
Russia

Letter from regulated UK accountant for ILR

Post by Anuar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Dear Friends,

I apologize to the Moderators for creating a separate post for my query - I was not able to figure to how to add my question to the previously created thread and change the male of the thread to make it vivid.

Let me briefly describe the question. I am uploading my documents on https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/ and it has two types of documents I need to provide: mandatory and supporting. In the section with mandatory documents it has two tabs:

1) Proof of application (Passport, Signed Declaration to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks)

2) Other (The police registration, All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK, Current Biometric Residence Permit, Letter from a regulated UK accountant giving a breakdown of salary, dividends, tax credits and dates of net payments earned)

So my question is related to this letter from a regulated UK accountant. What is this letter and can I instead upload my P60 forms, payslips, as well as bank statements?
If I cannot use these documents as a replacement for this letter - then I will have to look for accountant services, am I right?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:28 pm
Topics Merged (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Letter from regulated UK accountant for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:45 pm

Usually useful to state what route to ilr you are applying for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Anuar
Russia

Post by Anuar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:51 pm

I am applying for ILR as an exceptional talent visa holder.

Anuar
Russia

Post by Anuar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:09 pm

and I am NOT self-employed.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:39 pm

First of all the Exceptional Talent visa is now called the Global talent visa. Also note that people under global talent visa do not need to produce such letter at all. The documents list on the UKVCAS website are NOT accurate at all and should be ignored when they do NOT match the immigration rules. You must follow the rules and official guides only and NOT what the UKVCAS website says. Their list is often quite inaccurate and this has caused a lot of confusion for applicants.

The global talent visa guide tells you this:
The Immigration Rules (paragraph GT 13.1) do not require evidence to meet this
requirement. Applicants can provide any evidence as long as it is from an
independent source which can be verified if required. The Global Talent website
guidance gives a list of potential forms of evidence they may choose to provide, but
this is not exhaustive.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anuar
Russia

Post by Anuar » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Got it. Thank you for this clarification.