ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proxy Marriage Experience with Overstayer UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ATKATK
Newly Registered
Brazil

Proxy Marriage Experience with Overstayer UK

Post by ATKATK » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for people who have had experience with a double proxy marriage between an EEA citizen and overstayer in the UK.

My details:
EEA living in the UK- Settlement Scheme
Partner Brazilian overstayer currently in the UK
The idea is a proxy marriage in Brazil and to then apply for his docs

Online there are a lot of horror stories whilst a lawyer said this wouldn’t be an issue and suggested this route to us so really I am looking for people who have gone through this process or are currently going through this and what are the risks.

Really much appreciate anyone’s feedback.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Proxy Marriage Experience with Overstayer UK

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:16 am

not anymore. From jan 2021 you need valid leave to remain longer then 6 months then you can apply for euss pre settled. You can still sponsor from outside the Uk with EUSS FAMILY PERMIT. so better get married outside
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ATKATK
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ATKATK » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:56 am

I m confused. I m German and I have my leave to remain status since about a year since I have been living here for 10 years. So not sure this answers my question about proxy.

ATKATK
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ATKATK » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:05 am

I should have added that we would have liked to marry outside but with current travel restrictions it’s not really an option and we would like to dort this as soon as possible so we can move on with our life’s.