ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concerned about meeting Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Income Requirement - Overtime

Post by VeryNiceName » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Good evening!

A little help would be appreciated on my situation.
I started working at the beginning of August at a job where my salary is £18,500 - I am paid weekly.
I'm planning to apply for a spouse visa during mid Feb.

In September, I have done overtime of 3 hours (£28.50)
During this month, December, I have done overtime of 11 hours (£104.50)

The guidelines for meeting income requirement do state that overtime can be used, and it also states that the total amount earned from overtime during the last 6 months would be used. I am planning to do more overtime in January as well.

Taking all of this into account, will I have met the minimum income requirement by mid February? (6 months)

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Income Requirement - Overtime

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 am

You need to add all overtime received in the last 6 months using non salaried formula where you do the average. Add all overtime together divide by 6 x 12 then add it back to your salary.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:45 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 am
You need to add all overtime received in the last 6 months using non salaried formula where you do the average. Add all overtime together divide by 6 x 12 then add it back to your salary.
So, this is the calculation thus far:

Current Salary = £18,500
Overtime during the last 6 months = £133

Overtime during past 6 months (133) / 6 *12 = £266
Total income in the past 6 months = £18,500 + 266
Total income in the past 6 months = £18,766

So I have met the minimum income requirement, right?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:26 am

Correct calculation and also has your salary remain the throughout the 6 months periods since they pick the lowest salary during the last 6 months.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Do I need to print out chat logs and pictures?

Post by VeryNiceName » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 pm

For Family Visa, do I need to print out my and our spouse's pictures and chat logs screenshots, or can I upload them directly? (I will apply through lawyer)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Do I need to print out chat logs and pictures?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:35 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 pm
For Family Visa, do I need to print out my and our spouse's pictures and chat logs screenshots, or can I upload them directly? (I will apply through lawyer)
So far in acceptable format and size and clear, can be uploaded directly.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Help needed booking TB test - Pakistan

Post by VeryNiceName » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 pm

How can I book a TB test in Pakistan? What's the best way to book it? I am trying to but I'm not sure what the correct procedure is?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Help needed booking TB test - Pakistan

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 pm

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 am

The thing is, I have already checked this. I have checked online for appointments, however there is nothing showing available until I can see, and phoning the contact centre just tells me to go online and book it.
What can I do?

I'm looking for help from someone that already has booked a TB test in Pakistan, how did you go about booking it?

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 am

Our visa application was submitted this month (from Pakistan). To book your TB test you email uktbappointments@iom.int

They then send you an automated response asking for your details. Once you do that they usually reply back in 3 days to confirm your appointment.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 am

urizwi wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 am
Our visa application was submitted this month (from Pakistan). To book your TB test you email uktbappointments@iom.int

They then send you an automated response asking for your details. Once you do that they usually reply back in 3 days to confirm your appointment.
Thank you so much, urizwi.
Could you please tell me if I contact them now for an appointment, roughly how long will I need to wait to get an appointment?

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 am
urizwi wrote:

Could you please tell me if I contact them now for an appointment, roughly how long will I need to wait to get an appointment?
You should get an appointment date within 10 days. They respond quite quickly. I got mine a week later.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:31 am

urizwi wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 am
VeryNiceName wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 am
urizwi wrote:

You should get an appointment date within 10 days. They respond quite quickly. I got mine a week later.
Thank you so much mate.
Could you also tell me, is the TB test certificate emailed to you or they give a paper copy? My wife is in Pakistan so will she need it to post the certificate to me via email?

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 am

urizwi wrote:

Thank you so much mate.
Could you also tell me, is the TB test certificate emailed to you or they give a paper copy? My wife is in Pakistan so will she need it to post the certificate to me via email?
It's a paper copy given on the same day as the test. I uploaded all the documents online so we just scanned it.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Confusion regarding submission of weekly payslips and monthly bank statements

Post by VeryNiceName » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 am

Hi.
Looking to apply for Family Spouse Visa during this month and I am paid weekly, however bank statements will only show last 6 months and it won't include payments given to me in this month. Is that going to be an issue?

medic123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Confusion regarding submission of weekly payslips and monthly bank statements

Post by medic123 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:31 am

Go to your bank branch and tell them to print up to the date you need. Get them stamped too.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - NARIC for English Level

Post by VeryNiceName » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Going to apply for a spouse visa soon for my Wife to come into the UK from Pakistan.

She has a Masters degree and from NARIC we have got a visa and nationality statement which contain both academic qualification level statement and English level proficiency statement.

In the online application we have selected yes to 'Do you have a degree that was taught in English?' and also when asked 'What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?' we have selected 'official transcript or letter'.

In the documents checklist it asks for the NARIC letter which is fine but it also asks for "the official transcript or letter for <wife> to prove the level of English required" which I don't quite understand. What does it mean by this and what documents do I need to send for this category?

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

How will I know the decision of my application?

Post by VeryNiceName » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:53 am

How will I see the decision of my spouse visa application? Will I get an email saying what the decision is or I'll only find out when I collect passport?

If passport, how do I know the decision, where will it say the decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How will I know the decision of my application?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:20 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:53 am
How will I see the decision of my spouse visa application? Will I get an email saying what the decision is or I'll only find out when I collect passport?

If passport, how do I know the decision, where will it say the decision?
You find out when you collect the passport. If it has a visa vignette, then it is granted and there should be a letter.

If there is no visa vignette then likely refused and there should also be a letter with reasons why.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Temporary to Permanent Contract while Spouse Application pending

Post by VeryNiceName » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:45 am

At my job, I had a temporary contract at the time of submitting my spouse visa application, however just recently I have been moved on to a permanent contract (same employer, same job) and I'm just worried if this will cause any issues with my spouse visa application?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Temporary to Permanent Contract while Spouse Application pending

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:55 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:45 am
At my job, I had a temporary contract at the time of submitting my spouse visa application, however just recently I have been moved on to a permanent contract (same employer, same job) and I'm just worried if this will cause any issues with my spouse visa application?
It shouldn’t be a problem provided you have earned the required amount at the date of the application.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:55 am
VeryNiceName wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:45 am
It shouldn’t be a problem provided you have earned the required amount at the date of the application.
Do you think I should contact UKVI to let them know of this, or do you think that would be unnecessary and there's no issue?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:09 pm

No need to inform them.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Concerned about meeting Financial Requirement

Post by VeryNiceName » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:37 am

I applied for spouse visa a few months back but one thing is keep on worrying me: financial requirement.

I am paid for weekly and while my base income doesn't meet the financial requirement, the last 6 months total gross income did meet the financial requirement because I done overtime and my lawyer calculated my annual salary for the last 6 months and it came to £19,200.

However, when applying for my spouse visa he selected the option "Not the same amount continously, above the financial requirement" and then this led to asking for 12 months of payslips whereas I have only submitted 6 because I've only worked 6 in total and I do meet the financial requirement for the past 6 months.
He has told me that its not an issue but I'm still worried so I'm just looking for reassurance here please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Concerned about meeting Financial Requirement

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:37 am
I applied for spouse visa a few months back but one thing is keep on worrying me: financial requirement.

I am paid for weekly and while my base income doesn't meet the financial requirement, the last 6 months total gross income did meet the financial requirement because I done overtime and my lawyer calculated my annual salary for the last 6 months and it came to £19,200.

However, when applying for my spouse visa he selected the option "Not the same amount continously, above the financial requirement" and then this led to asking for 12 months of payslips whereas I have only submitted 6 because I've only worked 6 in total and I do meet the financial requirement for the past 6 months.
He has told me that its not an issue but I'm still worried so I'm just looking for reassurance here please.
You are just overthinking! You will be fine because appendix FM-SE has stated if younhave been employed for 6 months, you are only required to provide 6 months payslips.