ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship parent and child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

British Citizenship parent and child

Post by benbmxer » Sun May 02, 2021 12:25 am

Hi everyone,
Once again coming to this very helpful forum to look for advise.

I applied for British Citizenship (biometrics appointment today) together with my 5yr old daughter. The facts are:

- I'm a non-EEA national who is EU settled in UK since Jan 2021 (previously with a Residence Card since 2016 valid for 10 yrs).

- My partner is an EEA national (Italy) also settled since Jan 2021.

- My daughter was born in UK in 2015 when neither of us were settled. She holds an Italian passport.

- I made my Naturalisation application online (form AN) on which I also included my daughter for Registration as a British Citizen.

My questions are:

- I'm reading everywhere that Registration for a child under 18 should be done separately (form MN1). Have I therefore done wrong in including my daughter within my application? While filling out the form everything seemed very clear to me that I could include her in there too? Also at the end of the process it showed as 2 separate applications under one submission and the fees paid were for 2 different applications?

- My daughter doesn't have settled status, do I also need to apply for her to get settled status if she is already under an application for Registration for BC and both her parents are settled? I'm wondering if we will have issues after June 2021 as it's likely her BC application will not be decided by then.

- I think I did a mistake in the application on the section related to my daughter where they asked "Do you have a settled status". I put "yes" thinking that was related to me instead of her. Could that cause any issues in the case worker decision?

Thank you in advance for your time to read this. Much appreciated.
B.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship parent and child

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 pm

benbmxer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:25 am
Hi everyone,
Once again coming to this very helpful forum to look for advise.

I applied for British Citizenship (biometrics appointment today) together with my 5yr old daughter. The facts are:

- I'm a non-EEA national who is EU settled in UK since Jan 2021 (previously with a Residence Card since 2016 valid for 10 yrs).

- My partner is an EEA national (Italy) also settled since Jan 2021.

- My daughter was born in UK in 2015 when neither of us were settled. She holds an Italian passport.

- I made my Naturalisation application online (form AN) on which I also included my daughter for Registration as a British Citizen.

My questions are:

- I'm reading everywhere that Registration for a child under 18 should be done separately (form MN1). Have I therefore done wrong in including my daughter within my application? While filling out the form everything seemed very clear to me that I could include her in there too? Also at the end of the process it showed as 2 separate applications under one submission and the fees paid were for 2 different applications?
You can add her in the same account. The AN form lets you add family members. If you added her as a child below 18, the form automatically adapts to MN1

- My daughter doesn't have settled status, do I also need to apply for her to get settled status if she is already under an application for Registration for BC and both her parents are settled? I'm wondering if we will have issues after June 2021 as it's likely her BC application will not be decided by then.

- I think I did a mistake in the application on the section related to my daughter where they asked "Do you have a settled status". I put "yes" thinking that was related to me instead of her. Could that cause any issues in the case worker decision?
I believe it will be okay as she is born in UK and parent(s) are settled, so she is entitled to be registered as British

Thank you in advance for your time to read this. Much appreciated.
B.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Re: British Citizenship parent and child

Post by benbmxer » Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 pm

Thank you very much!