ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship approval - Do we post the original GNIB Card?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seancool

Citizenship approval - Do we post the original GNIB Card?

Post by seancool » Tue May 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question, on the letter it says:

If you are a holder of an Irish Residence Permit, you will need to provide your current in-date IRP/GNIB card.

Does this mean I have to post a copy or physical card?

Thank you!!

Kind regards,

Markoko
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship approval - Do we post the original GNIB Card?

Post by Markoko » Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm

You have to send the physical card.

sk2021
Newly Registered
India

Post by sk2021 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Hi,
I have one simple query.

We have submitted the declaration form along with the Physical IRP card. My IRP card is due to expire in 6 weeks and if I don't receive the Naturalization Certificate before the IRP expiry date. Do we need to renew our IRP card again?

Thanks a lot

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 06, 2021 5:14 pm

sk2021 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Hi,
I have one simple query.

We have submitted the declaration form along with the Physical IRP card. My IRP card is due to expire in 6 weeks and if I don't receive the Naturalization Certificate before the IRP expiry date. Do we need to renew our IRP card again?

Thanks a lot
I'd be really pissed if INIS asks you to renew your card.

Just send them an email and tell them your situation. Ask them to issue you the certificate before your IRP expires.

sk2021
Newly Registered
India

Post by sk2021 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Thanks Million for your suggestion.

I am not sure to contact them back :). Not sure if they will reply over an email.
May be better to send my query over the post.

Any suggestion.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Mon May 10, 2021 3:54 pm

sk2021 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Hi,
I have one simple query.

Thanks a lot
"This notice applies to all Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 21 April 2021 and 20 September 2021 and to permissions extended under previous notices. This is the seventh, and expected to be the final, extension of permissions granted since the outset of the pandemic."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... on-updates

That should have you covered till 20th Sept 2021 :)

As littlerrr said, you might want to email them, etc. No guaranteee they'd reply to you if you write them a snail mail and register-post it. I sent my documents in 9 weeks ago via registered post and haven't received my naturalisation cert yet. They were kind enough to respond to me via email saying it will be issued via registered post in the "coming days". Just be kind and remember- they're people who don't have it easy either. Being short staffed and having to deal with the general public isn't easy especially when there's a backlog to clear and when you're in the middle of a pandemic!

sk2021
Newly Registered
India

Post by sk2021 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have read that recent announcement from Ministery but they also mentioned that customers from Dublin don't have to wait until Sep as the online process is up and running. :).

I have sent an email to the GNIB office asking if my current IRP card is still valid till Sep 2021 if I don't renew it before my expiry date and will send an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Hope someone will reply to solve this PUZZLE :)

Thank a lot for your help....

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon May 10, 2021 4:20 pm

If your current IRP is valid today, it is valid till September.

You don’t have to wait till September of course, but you can (and you should, if you have already sent it away for approval).

INIS doesn’t have a good tracking record for email responses, but there’s no harm sending them a few anyway, since you are not in a rush.