ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan to Uk-travel route options after turkey in the red list

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanyari77

Pakistan to Uk-travel route options after turkey in the red list

Post by sanyari77 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:06 am

UK has added Turkey in the red list countries. To avoid hotel quarantine, people used to stay 10 days in Turkey. What are the travel options now for Pakistani people to avoid hotel quarantine in UK?

urizwi

Re: Pakistan to Uk-travel route options after turkey in the red list

Post by urizwi » Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am

I'm also thinking about this. Portugal, Gibraltar, Iceland and the Faroe Islands are the only European countries on the green list. But I imagine getting a visit visa for Pakistani nationals will be difficult.

Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, so since British nationals are allowed to visit, I was wondering if the same would be extended to those with visas.

If anyone has information about the best route for Pakistani nationals entering the UK please do share with us. I don't know what country will easily issue visit visas.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 11, 2021 12:58 pm

urizwi wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, so since British nationals are allowed to visit, I was wondering if the same would be extended to those with visas.
I doubt that Gibraltar is an option. Apart from the fact that very few airlines fly into Gibraltar, the Gibraltar Airport website also states "As a general rule, those persons who require a visa for entry into the United Kingdom will also require a separate visa for entry to Gibraltar."

That chimes with what I was told when I had visited the Gibraltar tourism office in the Strand, London, years ago, when I was a non-British citizen (that I would need a separate visa for Gibraltar and that my UK visa was not sufficient to enter Gibraltar).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Tue May 11, 2021 7:06 pm

That's what I would've assumed too. But if you see http://www.gibraltarborder.gi/visa here it says though Pakistani nationals usually require visas for entry there are certain exemptions.

This is one of the three exemptions mentioned:
Persons holding EU issued family permits, UK Residence Permits issued for a period of 12 months or more, UK Biometric Residence permits or a UK multiple entry visa issued for 6 months or more.
From my understanding that should include spouse visas. What do you think?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 11, 2021 8:41 pm

urizwi wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:06 pm
That's what I would've assumed too. But if you see http://www.gibraltarborder.gi/visa here it says though Pakistani nationals usually require visas for entry there are certain exemptions.

This is one of the three exemptions mentioned:
Persons holding EU issued family permits, UK Residence Permits issued for a period of 12 months or more, UK Biometric Residence permits or a UK multiple entry visa issued for 6 months or more.
From my understanding that should include spouse visas. What do you think?
The visa vignette validity is not up to 6months and not multiple entry.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Tue May 11, 2021 10:41 pm

For Pakistani nationals, it’s quite easy to obtain a visa for Bahrain and I’ve also seen that Morocco seems quite simple. But of course these are on the amber list.
I was also looking at Egypt, but it seems as though it takes a while to be processed, the information on their site says the decision can take 4-6 weeks whereas the other two I’ve mentioned can be done in a matter of days.