ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KSP2005
Newly Registered
India

English test

Post by KSP2005 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Hello,

I am applying for SET (LR) on 10 years route . I was wondering if someone could tell me that whether I need to take English test again or my previous certificate is still valid ()expired this month ).Please note that my latest visa was approved based on this English test .

Thanking you in advance

secret.simon

Re: English test

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 12, 2021 1:05 pm

Was it an English B1 test?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

KSP2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by KSP2005 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Yes . It was B1

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 12, 2021 6:18 pm

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests

it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

KSP2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by KSP2005 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Thank you