ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Documents Checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

singhsss
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Naturalization - Documents Checklist

Post by singhsss » Fri May 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I'm in process of applying for naturalization for me and my son ( 7 Years old)

Document checklist says
- Proof of Mrs XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son ( How do I prove it, what kind of supporting documents is required).
- A letter of consent from Mr Son's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) - There's no document or pdf that I can download...is there a standard template, if so, please share.
- Proof of living in the UK for Mr XXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right (I'm on ILR) do I still need to prove? BRP Card should be enough?
- Mr XXXX's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions ( what doc's can support this)

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
S

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalization - Documents Checklist

Post by manci » Sat May 15, 2021 10:49 am

Children are not naturalised but they can be registered as British.

Your post is unclear. Who is Mr and Mrs and what is their marital and immigration status?
singhsss wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:08 pm
Proof of Mrs XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son ( How do I prove it, what kind of supporting documents is required).
Read this:
https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-resp ... onsibility
singhsss wrote:
A letter of consent from Mr Son's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) - There's no document or pdf that I can download...is there a standard template, if so, please share.
There is a template in the paper form MN1 at section 7
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf

The information required on the paper and online forms should be similar. Check the paper form also to see what evidence is acceptable to prove settled status
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

singhsss
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by singhsss » Sat May 15, 2021 2:07 pm

Apologies ... Adding more clarity

I'm applying through ILR route...
My son was born in Indian and we moved to UK in 2014
Me, my wife and son are on ILR

I used this form to submit me and my son's details (https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain)

I submitted my form for Naturalization along with my Son...
When I submitted the form it asked for me and wife's details. Following that, in the document checklist it showed that
- Proof of Mrs XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son
- Proof of Mr XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son

From your response, I understand that my son doesn't need naturalization ... so the details and form that I submitted was not required?
What should I do for my son? Is there a separate process?

singhsss
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by singhsss » Sat May 15, 2021 3:49 pm

singhsss wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:07 pm
Apologies ... Adding more clarity

I'm applying through ILR route...
My son was born in Indian and we moved to UK in 2014
Me, my wife and son are on ILR

I used this form to submit me and my son's details (https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain)

I submitted my form for Naturalization along with my Son...
I just read the submitted form again and it aligns to what you are saying.. "Applicant 2
UAN:
Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen: Mr xxxx
)
When I submitted the form it asked for me and wife's details. Following that, in the document checklist it showed that
- Proof of Mrs XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son
- Proof of Mr XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son
- Do I need to upload MN1 form as well?

singhsss
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by singhsss » Sat May 15, 2021 7:16 pm

manci wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:49 am
Children are not naturalised but they can be registered as British.

Your post is unclear. Who is Mr and Mrs and what is their marital and immigration status?
singhsss wrote:
Proof of Mrs XXXX’s parental responsibility for my Son ( How do I prove it, what kind of supporting documents is required).
Read this:
https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-resp ... onsibility
singhsss wrote:
A letter of consent from Mr Son's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) - There's no document or pdf that I can download...is there a standard template, if so, please share.
There is a template in the paper form MN1 at section 7
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf
@ manci Can I print section 7 , both the parents sign and attach it or is there a seperate form for this, that I need to download and print.

The information required on the paper and online forms should be similar. Check the paper form also to see what evidence is acceptable to prove settled status

singhsss
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by singhsss » Sat May 15, 2021 7:52 pm

I remember submitting a form like this for my daughter in 2019
https://ibb.co/RDq155b
Can someone please point me to this form... or Can I use Section 7 (MN1) as is... Just being cautious about the document I upload.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Consent:
Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile
Child’s birth certificate is enough to establish parental responsibility unless there are any special court orders etc.

I am assuming you created one account and filled your AN form first. Then you added your partner and child in the same account one by one and filled their form. Once you add a child as “child below 18”, form will adapt to MN1 automatically. Keep all family members in the same account.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.