ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAYSLIP UPDATE: Advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Morlu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

HELP! Payslip Issue

Post by Morlu » Thu May 20, 2021 2:07 am

Hello everyone,

Bit of a panic at the moment. Her most current payslip came through, as we were planning to apply on the 1st of June.

She took a sick day, and this payslip has everything a little different than all the others.

Under taxable pay, instead of always showing 1550, it's 1478.45, and with non-taxable pay 63.73, coming to a total of 1542.18

But above it, under "payments" and "basic pay", it shows 1550

I'll post a link to what it looks like. Will this be an issue?

She's on salaried pay, as we're applying under Cat A.

Just to give you an example of what the others tend to look like.

If this is an issue, is it possible to apply now and not include May's payslip? She started the job on the 5th of November, gets paid on the 15th of every month, but payslips are dated for the last day of each month, so her first one was the 30th of November (full pay). Or is the full six months not 30th Nov payslip to 30 April payslip but 30th Nov to 31st of May?

Morlu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: HELP! Payslip Issue

Post by Morlu » Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 am

Any advice on this?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat May 22, 2021 5:05 am

Morlu wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 am
Any advice on this?
In my opinion, I can't see anything wrong with the May payslip
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Sat May 22, 2021 5:26 am

You'll be fine, because the Home Office will consider the gross pay of £1,550. They don't base their decision on tax or National Insurance paid. Just relax, there won't be any issue as long as you meet the financial requirement through gross pay, which you do.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 am

I can see two things here

1. The caseworker might used the gross pay which is £1,550
2. Another issue i can see here, there's an unpaid leave which guidance states is not counted towards meeting the threshold.

It will depend on the caseworker looking at the application.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Morlu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Morlu » Sat May 22, 2021 2:38 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 am
I can see two things here

1. The caseworker might used the gross pay which is £1,550
2. Another issue i can see here, there's an unpaid leave which guidance states is not counted towards meeting the threshold.

It will depend on the caseworker looking at the application.
Would it be better to wait, and apply using a different method?

She has savings, it would postpone us by a few months, but an option if we used Cat A + D.

Morlu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

UK Fiancé Visa: Question on Cat A & D

Post by Morlu » Sat May 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Hey all, had a question in regards to Cat A) Salaried and Cat D) Savings. Sorry for the length of it:

Because of one bloody day, our last payslip for the 6-month requirement got shot to shit. We were using her (sponsor) 30th Nov Payslip to 31st May Payslip, covering a full six months, but because of an unpaid sick day (thought it was covered) it messed up her May's payslip.

So now we have to wait. Background, then question:

Because of the pitfall of the last payslip, if combining savings, we need £18,148.

She has two saving accounts. One is an ISA, with £15k, and the other a normal savings of £1200. Both of them have had that amount for well over 6 months (ISA £££ was inherited from the grandmother years ago). On Dec 23rd of last year, her mother gave her £5000 because she owed her from when my fiance loaned it to her years ago for surgery.

She kept the majority (used about £500) in her Barclay's saving account, and on Feb 15th, transferred it to her £1200 savings account. Then a few months later, withdrew £1500, but never falling below £4000, so still meeting the requirement of £18,148.

Finally, my question.

Can I use the three accounts? And then supply evidence of the transfer of £4500 into her £1200 account, both of which were in her name only.

Thus allowing us to simply set our start date as 31st of December, and being able to apply after 30th June.

OR, do I have to start the time clock for the savings from 15th Feb?

Thanks for whoever reads this and answers haha.

Morlu
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

PAYSLIP UPDATE: Advice?

Post by Morlu » Tue May 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Sheesh! It's been a crazy past week for my fiance and me.

After talking with HR/accounting Friday (with a bit of a mental breakdown) we found out this morning THEY ADJUSTED the payslip, updated it with HR, and sent her the new payslip showing the taxable pay as £1550, thus meeting the requirement !!!

They are going to adjust the unpaid leave and swap it for holiday pay next month, so June's payslip won't be hurt by being deducted or anything either.

Our one concern is the discrepancy between the updated payslip net £££ and the amount that had already gone into her bank account last week. It's a difference of £49.

How could the employer explain this so we have no problems with ECO?

Thanks!