ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Tier 2 to GVT

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amar123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Urgent - Tier 2 to GVT

Post by amar123 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi all,
I am on Tier 2 General since Feb 2018 and now I got a job offer for senior post from another university. Currently I have spend more than 3 years on Tier 2 General and my new employer is providing me endorsement letter for GTV. It is mention on GOV.UK that after 3 years, GTV holders can apply for ILR if they have spent 3 years continuously on GTV or a combination of Tier 2 + GTV. My question is if I get GTV for my new role, would I be eligible and able to apply for ILR immediately as I have already spent more than 3 years on Tier 2?
Amar

amar123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Urgent - Tier 2 to GTV

Post by amar123 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 am

amar123 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 pm
Hi all,
I am on Tier 2 General since Feb 2018 and now I got a job offer for senior post from another university. Currently I have spent more than 3 years on Tier 2 General and my new employer is providing me with the endorsement letter for GTV. It is mention on GOV.UK that after 3 years, GTV holders can apply for ILR if they have spent 3 years continuously on GTV or a combination of Tier 2 + GTV. My question is if I get GTV for my new role, would I be eligible and able to apply for ILR immediately as I have already spent more than 3 years on Tier 2?
Amar

hag9
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Urgent - Tier 2 to GVT

Post by hag9 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm

I'm not an expert, but I'm in a pretty similar situation to yours.
I would say that you need to wait until you earn money in the new job (probably at least 1 month?).

The GTV guidance (under Eligibility requirements for settlement by a person on the Global Talent route) says:
GT 10.2. The applicant must have earned money in the UK during their last period of permission in the field in either:
(a) a field related to the subject matter of their prize if they were granted for their initial application using a prize listed in Appendix Global Talent: Prestigious Prizes; or
(b) the field in which they were previously endorsed in the Global Talent route if they were granted their initial application using an endorsement.

Please let me know if you have any updates on this topic.

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - Tier 2 to GVT

Post by fredprvn » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:06 pm

amar123 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 pm
Hi all,
I am on Tier 2 General since Feb 2018 and now I got a job offer for senior post from another university. Currently I have spend more than 3 years on Tier 2 General and my new employer is providing me endorsement letter for GTV. It is mention on GOV.UK that after 3 years, GTV holders can apply for ILR if they have spent 3 years continuously on GTV or a combination of Tier 2 + GTV. My question is if I get GTV for my new role, would I be eligible and able to apply for ILR immediately as I have already spent more than 3 years on Tier 2?
Amar
You may be able to do so. In the ILR application set(o) you need to provide these:

1. Evidence you have earned money in the UK as a result of your employment or self employment in the expert field for which you are endorsed by a Designated Competent Body.

2. Official tax documents from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) or an employer showing earnings on which you paid tax or will pay in a tax year

3. Letter from employer or institution on official headed paper confirming you have earned money in your expert field

All the best,
F