ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody else still waiting for FLR since last year?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JackyJames1
Newly Registered

Anybody else still waiting for FLR since last year?

Post by JackyJames1 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi Guys , My dad applied for FLR for my mother and sister in November 2020 and In January We did my sisters finger prints in Post Office and than they sent a letter for my mother BIometric in May in Croydon Homoffice Building but in post office appointment they did not keep my sisters passport but with my moms appointment they kept her passport. Since than i have no heard anything ? is it taking a longer time due to covid?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Anybody else still waiting for FLR since last year?

Post by Djsuccess » Sun May 30, 2021 5:16 pm

JackyJames1 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 pm
Hi Guys , My dad applied for FLR for my mother and sister in November 2020 and In January We did my sisters finger prints in Post Office and than they sent a letter for my mother BIometric in May in Croydon Homoffice Building but in post office appointment they did not keep my sisters passport but with my moms appointment they kept her passport. Since than i have no heard anything ? is it taking a longer time due to covid?
Are you saying your mom had an appointment at the Home Office or was it a biometrics appointment at UKVCAS office? These are two different things. UKVCAS should not withhold your mom's passport, they should only scan and give back the original, assuming you did not scan the documents yourself.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.