ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Other Forum?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKIndEng
Newly Registered

Any Other Forum?

Post by UKIndEng » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 am

Apologies - this is a question about UK Citizen Inheriting Ancestral Land and not OCI applications. Are there any other Indian forums I can ask the following? My parents came to the UK in the mid-60s. Dad kept Indian passport, while mum took a UK passport. I was born in the UK. When father passed away, his estate went to our mother. When she passed away, it was split between me + siblings. There was land in India also, which I have been told was put in our (me + siblings) names via the court. Do I need to physically be in India to claim my land? Do I need to make a claim even if it's been put in my name (on Indian land register)? A family member said that I would need to make a claim within 10 years of it going into my name. The 10 years will be up in December 2021.Does anyone know what this 10 year rule is? Hope someone can help or advise on an alternative forum.
My OCI application was successful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any Other Forum?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am

Please search the Internet for appropriate forums to ask these questions. They are not relevant to this forum. Member also cannot post details for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.