ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRC replacement/update euss process time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Stu123
Greece

EUSS brc essential? Cost?

Post by Stu123 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi guys, i need some advice please. I had an old brc that expired after i applied for euss. I have been granted settled status and provided a link to apply for a replacement brc. My question is, is it a choice to apply for a brc or is it essential to own one. I intend to apply for citizenship as soon the 12 month period is completed and i am thinking if i should apply for brc as i will be using for one year only. Also, what is cost of applying for brc. Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EUSS brc essential? Cost?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:28 pm

For naturalisation you just need your UKSS reference number as it's a digital only status, essentially, though non-EU family members get issued with a card.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat May 29, 2021 3:02 am

Stu123 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:32 pm
Hi guys, i need some advice please. I had an old brc that expired after i applied for euss. I have been granted settled status and provided a link to apply for a replacement brc. My question is, is it a choice to apply for a brc or is it essential to own one. I intend to apply for citizenship as soon the 12 month period is completed and i am thinking if i should apply for brc as i will be using for one year only. Also, what is cost of applying for brc. Thank you
It is up to you really. If you don’t intend to travel I don’t see the point of the card. I would rather have a physical document at hand though but I see your point.

It is free to apply for. Only part you may have to pay is the biometrics stage if you don’t get a free appointment. There are free appointments if you put some dedication and time into looking for one or the paid for ones that’s starts from £70

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 am

Bazinga_ wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:02 am
Stu123 wrote:
It is up to you really. If you don’t intend to travel I don’t see the point of the card. I would rather have a physical document at hand though but I see your point.

It is free to apply for. Only part you may have to pay is the biometrics stage if you don’t get a free appointment. There are free appointments if you put some dedication and time into looking for one or the paid for ones that’s starts from £70
Thank you for your reply. How to book a free appointment please? I am trying to book one and can’t find less than £70. What do you mean by putting in time and dedication. Please point me to the right direction here. How to book free appointment. Many thanks

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 am

Stu123 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 am
Bazinga_ wrote:
Stu123 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. How to book a free appointment please? I am trying to book one and can’t find less than £70. What do you mean by putting in time and dedication. Please point me to the right direction here. How to book free appointment. Many thanks
There is a guide here british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -2400.html

Got my free one between 8am and 9am. So basically you have to check just after midnight (just in case) and in the morning. Refresh website continuously between 8am and 9am. That’s what I meant by time and dedication.

Best of luck.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:35 am

Bazinga_ wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 am
Stu123 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 am
Bazinga_ wrote:
Stu123 wrote:

There is a guide here british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -2400.html

Got my free one between 8am and 9am. So basically you have to check just after midnight (just in case) and in the morning. Refresh website continuously between 8am and 9am. That’s what I meant by time and dedication.

Best of luck.
Thanks alot. I will try that. Hope it works. Thank you again :)

Stu123
Greece

BRC replacement/update euss process time?

Post by Stu123 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:50 am

Hello,
How long does it take for BRC to arrive after biometric appointment?
Thank you

kamoe

Re: BRC replacement/update euss process time?

Post by kamoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:58 am

Stu123 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:50 am
Hello,
Thank you
Had biometrics on April 16th. Yesterday was the 8th week mark, still waiting.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:24 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:58 am
Stu123 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:50 am
Hello,
Thank you
Had biometrics on April 16th. Yesterday was the 8th week mark, still waiting.
Hope you get it soon. So the processing time is 8 weeks for update/replacement brc?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Stu123 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:24 pm
Hope you get it soon.
Thanks.
So the processing time is 8 weeks for update/replacement brc?
No, we cannot conclude that. The only thing my timeline tells us, is that the processing times can be at least 8 weeks. Does not mean it will be 8 weeks, for me or for anybody. For all we know, I could still face a month to wait.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:18 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:56 pm
Stu123 wrote:
Hope you get it soon.
Thanks.
No, we cannot conclude that. The only thing my timeline tells us, is that the processing times can be at least 8 weeks. Does not mean it will be 8 weeks, for me or for anybody. For all we know, I could still face a month to wait.
Is there an estimated processing time for this stated anywhere from home office? I can’t find any information on this.

ZarifahZ
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ZarifahZ » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:26 pm

kamoe wrote:
Stu123 wrote:
Hope you get it soon.
Thanks.
Hi, have you received your BRC?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:34 am

ZarifahZ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:26 pm
kamoe wrote:
Stu123 wrote:
Hope you get it soon.
Thanks.
Hi, have you received your BRC?
Nope.

ZarifahZ
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ZarifahZ » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Hi kamoe, can you please update once you receive your BRC? Really anxious with the timeline. My friends who submitted biometrics on the 16th April already got theirs on the 7th of July. And both of them at the same day(one of them the email was sent to spammed so noticed it a tad later)!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:51 am

ZarifahZ wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 pm
Hi kamoe, can you please update once you receive your BRC? Really anxious with the timeline. My friends who submitted biometrics on the 16th April already got theirs on the 7th of July. And both of them at the same day(one of them the email was sent to spammed so noticed it a tad later)!
Obviously I will update. If I haven't given any update here, it means I haven't received the card.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:08 am

Still nothing, but just escalated to my MP today. See this post.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:09 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:28 pm
For naturalisation you just need your UKSS reference number as it's a digital only status, essentially, though non-EU family members get issued with a

Are you non eu citzen or eu citzen? Please

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:09 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:08 am
Did you get your card brp eu settle status plase share

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:09 pm
kamoe wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:08 am
Did you get your card brp eu settle status plase share
Nope. I have chased my PM twice so that they chase the HO. MP team came back today saying to get back in touch at the end of the month if I still haven't heard from the HO by then.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:25 pm

I am still waiting ,,,,
Granted settle status in 30 November 2020
Biometric done 9/7/2021
Letter approved pending,,,,
Received card still pending
No email ko thing still now
Existing expired card may 2022
I would like to ask one question could i travel with old brp which i have a valid card through processing my application please

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:14 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:25 pm
I would like to ask one question could i travel with old brp which i have a valid card through processing my application please
From what I can gather from this thread, it seems that you can.

That is what I am doing anyway. I have left the UK and will be coming back in 2 months time, my current BRC expires in 2023; my new one is still in process, and haven't heard back after 4 months after biometrics. Got tired of waiting and just went ahead and travelled with EEA RC in the end.

I guess I can only confirm what will happen first hand, when I come back without issues! Will post here when that happens.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:07 pm

After biometric appointment on 8/7/2021
I mean when i finished my appointment
I received email from ukvi account say:

Please note, your immigration status remains unaffected while your application is being processed.

What is mean unaffected inside uk for rent or work
Please did you receive same email after biometric finger?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:07 pm
What is mean unaffected inside uk for rent or work
I suppose it means just that. It means you have an electronic status already, period.
For example, the fact that you applied to change your card does not change your status.

Now... whether people believe you that you have an electronic status is a different story. Having a status and being able to prove that status are not the same thing. Hence why we all applied to update the card.
Please did you receive same email after biometric finger?
Yes I did.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:56 pm

From google the solicitor said:

If you are going through the UKVCAS process, you should not plan to travel outside of the country until you have received your decision.
If you have travelled and your application has been withdrawn, then you will have no legal right to re-enter the UK and make another application.
If you are going through the UKVCAS process, you should not plan to travel outside of the country until you have received your decision.

If you have travelled and your application has been withdrawn, then you will have no legal right to re-enter the UK and make another application.

You will be therefore be refused entry into the UK unless you have made another immigration application before returning.

If this happens to those switching from working visas you could also break any continuous time spent in the UK that would have contributed towards your settlement.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:00 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:56 pm
From google the solicitor said:

You will be therefore be refused entry into the UK unless you have made another immigration application before returning.

If this happens to those switching from working visas you could also break any continuous time spent in the UK that would have contributed towards your settlement.
I suppose that i have applied for replacement so no need to wait processing while i granted last 2020 settle status ( may be)