ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Dependants IHS fees higher than should be.

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gusmendesuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Help! Dependants IHS fees higher than should be.

Post by gusmendesuk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:57 pm

Hello my name is Gus and I’m applying to Tier 5 Religious worker visa as main applicant and my wife and kids as dependants.
We are facing a problem during our application and unfortunately UKVI help line have no experience with it they couldn’t help.

I’ve filled the main applicant form for the Tier 5 and paid everything. The IHS was charged and the amount was 1839 USD for the 2 years visa.

For some reason they want to charge my wife that is my dependant 2200 USD for her IHS, and this is not right. Looks like a problem with the website that thinks that she is applying to join someone in UK but I’ve put on her form that she is going together with me and i choose the option where says that I don’t have a visa yet.

Can you guys have help me please. Maybe you guys have some experience with that?
I downloaded the forms in pdf, if someone what’s to see screenshots or the forms I can show, just PM me.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Help! Dependants IHS fees higher than should be.

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 am

The IHS fee is £624 per year of the permission being requested, plus £312 per any additional part of a year less than six months.

Your wife appears to have been charged for an extra half-year. This is probably because of the extra time you will be granted after the end of your job. You do not "pay" for that time, but any dependants do.

It does seem to be correct.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gusmendesuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by gusmendesuk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:30 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 am
The IHS fee is £624 per year of the permission being requested, plus £312 per any additional part of a year less than six months.

Your wife appears to have been charged for an extra half-year. This is probably because of the extra time you will be granted after the end of your job. You do not "pay" for that time, but any dependants do.

It does seem to be correct.
Hello. Thank you for your answer.

We are not requiring any extra time, only the 2 years and that's it. From 19/07/2021 to 18/07/2023/

So.. no extra time and no reason for extra charge...

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm

You have two choices, depending on how urgent it is to apply now. It seems fairly urgent.

(1) Park your application and ask your visa sponsor to check via their contacts at the Home Office what has happened, why the two amounts are different, and whether this is a general issue with the form or a specific issue connected to the facts of your spouse's application.

or

(2) Continue with the application, paying the IHS fee that is quoted, then ask your visa sponsor to look into it with you afterwards, requesting a refund if necessary.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gusmendesuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by gusmendesuk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:29 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm
You have two choices, depending on how urgent it is to apply now. It seems fairly urgent.

(1) Park your application and ask your visa sponsor to check via their contacts at the Home Office what has happened, why the two amounts are different, and whether this is a general issue with the form or a specific issue connected to the facts of your spouse's application.

or

(2) Continue with the application, paying the IHS fee that is quoted, then ask your visa sponsor to look into it with you afterwards, requesting a refund if necessary.

Thank you again for your kind advice.

We tried to contact UKVI and they said that they have never seen that problem before…
If I pay these amounts (they are overcharging my wife and my 2 kids) I’ll go out of budget and will not have money. :((((((((((((

gusmendesuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by gusmendesuk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:29 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm

or

Thank you again for your kind advice.

We tried to contact UKVI and they said that they have never seen that problem before…
If I pay these amounts (they are overcharging my wife and my 2 kids) I’ll go out of budget and will not have money. :((((((((((((

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am

Is 19/07/2021 to 18/07/2023 the length of your job contract on the CoS?

If so, the IHS figures are correct. The visa will start up to one month before the job, then the 2-year work period itself, then a 14-day wrap-up period.

You as the worker only pay for the 2 years you are requesting, but any dependants pay for the full 2 years and 6 weeks.

depp2883
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by depp2883 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:24 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am
Is 19/07/2021 to 18/07/2023 the length of your job contract on the CoS?

If so, the IHS figures are correct. The visa will start up to one month before the job, then the 2-year work period itself, then a 14-day wrap-up period.

You as the worker only pay for the 2 years you are requesting, but any dependants pay for the full 2 years and 6 weeks.
I have reviewed almost every comment and info about this issue, this is the only info "dependent must pay higher than main applicant due to the couple of weeks early delivery of visa"

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:11 am

depp2883 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:24 pm
this is the only info "dependent must pay higher than main applicant due to the couple of weeks early delivery of visa"
That's not what I said, nor what happens.

IHS for a dependant is based on the length of the permission granted, not the delivery date of the visa.