ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

TLS Keep my passport

Post by mandrack111 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:38 am

Hi,
the EUSS visa for my wife got approved. We used TLS keep my passport service - where TLS was supposed to send prepaid DHL label for the passport to be sent to them.
However, they didn't sent any DHL label, just the address where the passport need to be sent.

No one replies to emails, and it is not clear what to do - instructions that we got when the application was made was DHL labels from TLS.

ANyone had similar experience? any idea what to do, whom to contact in order to get any reply? UKIV?

thanks in advance

NatCam
Georgia

Re: TLS Keep my passport

Post by NatCam » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Have you checked you junk mail?
How long have you being waiting?

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by mandrack111 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:56 pm

hi
yes, no junk mail. TLS has informed that the passport should be sent - but haven't sent any labels.
When the application was made (Cyprus), it has been explained that the mail will contain DHL label - that actually has never arrived. Further, TLS gave explanation how to contact them for the prepaid DHL labels - but no reply at all

it is really frustrating - I have impression that UKVI changed the way how to contact them, and they do not reply as well

any idea more than welcome

thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Bring the passport to TLS if that is possible

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:47 am

You could send the passport with prepaid DHL envelope included.

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by mandrack111 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:11 pm

iwolga wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm
How can I do that? I know how to ship - but do I need to include prepaid label for the return?
(Honestly, I am not sure from which country they would be returning the passport)

In TLS center, they explained that they will send a DHL label and not to use any other courier.

What I am afraid of is that the passport doesn't get lost on the way

thanks in advance for the explanation

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:05 pm

mandrack111 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:11 pm
iwolga wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm
How can I do that? I know how to ship - but do I need to include prepaid label for the return?
(Honestly, I am not sure from which country they would be returning the passport)

In TLS center, they explained that they will send a DHL label and not to use any other courier.

What I am afraid of is that the passport doesn't get lost on the way

thanks in advance for the explanation
Your task is to bring passport to TLS centre where you’ve got your fingerprints done. They will arrange the rest.

Delivery of passport is an additional service that obviously didn’t work out properly in your case. So if it’s feasible just bring your passport yourself to their office.

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by mandrack111 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:43 pm

So, I've been yesterday to TLS center - where they told me that they made a mistake. They were supposed to send the labels for DHL - but they got new instructions and didn't inform us at all.

My wife got approval for a visa from UKVI around 2.5 months ago as EUSS. Passport was with her, and needs to be sent to TLS Germany
I need advice what should we do:

1) should we send the passport to TLS by DHL even if it is more than 28 days since the decision? Representative here said that we should write the explanation, and that the passport should be returned back quickly to us.

2) In the case that we get back the passport quickly - are there any time limits until when my wife can enter UK? Is it from the date when the decision has been made (early April) or when the sticker has been put in the passport?

3) Other alternative would be to cancel this application, and start the process again. Is something changing after 30th June

Any helpful input is highly appreciated,
thanks in advance

burhanahmad
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by burhanahmad » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 am

Hi, How you got to know your application of EUSS family permit was successful, is it through email ?

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by mandrack111 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:00 am

yes, through email, I escalated and waited 15 days

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Need advice

Post by mandrack111 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:31 am

My wife got approval for a visa from UKVI (EUSS to join me in UK) around 2.5 months ago as EUSS. Passport stayed with her, and needs to be sent to TLS Germany. However, TLScenter messed up the process, they gave wrong instructions how to be sent, didn't replied to emails, etc.

Few days ago I visited, they admitted they made a mistake, and suggested to send the passport anyway with DHL to TLS Berlin. However, it is 2 months since we got the email to send them, so naturally we are afraid that the passport will be lost

1) should we send the passport to TLS by DHL even if it is more than 28 days since the decision? Representative here said that we should write the explanation, and that the passport should be returned back quickly to us. Any experiences how long the process with TLS last?

2) In the case that we get back the passport quickly - are there any time limits until when my wife can enter UK and register afterwards in UK? Is it from the date when the decision has been made (early April) or when the sticker will be put in the passport?

3) Other alternative would be to cancel this application, and start the process again. Is something changing after 30th June?

thanks in advance

mandrack111
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Re: Need advice

Post by mandrack111 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:57 pm

mandrack111 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:31 am
My wife got approval for a visa from UKVI (EUSS to join me in UK) around 2.5 months ago as EUSS. Passport stayed with her, and needs to be sent to TLS Germany. However, TLScenter messed up the process, they gave wrong instructions how to be sent, didn't replied to emails, etc.

Few days ago I visited, they admitted they made a mistake, and suggested to send the passport anyway with DHL to TLS Berlin. However, it is 2 months since we got the email to send them, so naturally we are afraid that the passport will be lost

1) should we send the passport to TLS by DHL even if it is more than 28 days since the decision? Representative here said that we should write the explanation, and that the passport should be returned back quickly to us. Any experiences how long the process with TLS last?

2) In the case that we get back the passport quickly - are there any time limits until when my wife can enter UK and register afterwards in UK? Is it from the date when the decision has been made (early April) or when the sticker will be put in the passport?

3) Other alternative would be to cancel this application, and start the process again. Is something changing after 30th June?

thanks in advance
anyone with any idea?