ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa 10 year for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

senorsushant
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visitor visa 10 year for parents

Post by senorsushant » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Hi Immigration Guru's

My parents have the following travel history and ties between USA, UK and India.
I am younger child and live in U.K since 2014 while my elder brother is settled in USA since 2004.
My parents ( both were working) have recently retired in 2019 and have more time at hand now to travel and meet both their kids for a couple of months each year.

Hence I am considering applying for a 10 year multiple entry VISA to avoid hastle of documentation and applications each time.

NOTE: My parents are currently in USA. They arrived on Dec 18th 2020 and extended their stay beyond Feb 2021 due to COVID cases in India. Now that cases have gone down, they are planning to return to India in July and on way, stop in UK for a few weeks.

Can I please solicit your feedback if with their travel history and their ties to India, UK and USA make a good case for 10 year application ?

Dad: 71 years old. Healthy. vaccinated in USA both doses Moderna.
Dad: ( 1 expired UK 6 month VISA , USA 10 year visitor VISA expiring in Aug 2021)
1. May 2012 - 3 weeks USA
2. Aug 2015 - 3 weeks USA
3. Sept 2018 - 3 weeks UK
4. Dec 2020 - 6 months USA , it was a smaller trip as planned but had to extend due to COVID.

Mom: 62 years old. Healthy. vaccinated in USA both doses Moderna.
Mom: ( 1 expired UK 6 month VISA , USA 10 year visitor VISA expiring in August 2021)
1. May 2012 - 3 weeks USA
2. Oct 2013 - 4 weeks USA
3. Aug 2015 - 3 weeks USA
4. Sept 2018 - 3 weeks UK
5. Dec 2020 - 6 months USA , it was a smaller trip as planned but had to extend due to COVID.

Savings status:
Dad: 40,000 GBP which is divided as 38,000 as fixed deposit ( can be broken anytime) and rest as available bank balance.
Mom: 30,000 GBP which is divided as 27,000 as fixed deposit ( can be broken anytime) and rest as available bank balance.

Ties to India:
1) Family home property . My father and his younger brothers family live in a joint family home.
2) Additional flat which is rented out and is maintained by parents
3) Social work for old age homes near by - Not sure how to prove it as they are not in India at the moment.
4) Friends and rest of family in India. My mothers 2 sisters and their family in near by area. My fathers brother who lives in same house. - All this can be proven using Indian ration card.

Ties to USA:
1) My fathers sister lives in Philadelphia with her husband and kids.
2) Elder son who lives in Dallas since 2004

My savings as sponsor for their tickets and stay:
-> 40,000 GBP in savings account.

My parents intention is to spend a couple of months each year in UK and USA and spend rest of time in travel and enjoying their family home. Before COVID in 2019, just them alone visited group of islands on Indian coast ( ANdaman nicobar for 2 weeks holiday). Can be proven with hotel stays and flights.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Best Regards
Sunny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa 10 year for parents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:51 pm

They have to apply for a UK visitor visa from India. They can't apply from the USA as they are not resident there, ie not visitors.

Also with almost no UK visitor history etc, they are unlikely to be granted a 10 year visitor visa having only ever visited the UK once.

Their ties to the USA are irrelevant. UKVI will want evidence of ties to their home country, not other countries they simply visit
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imad123
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa 10 year for parents

Post by Imad123 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:20 am

Do you have to create a separate login for both their applications or is it done under the same login?