ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Naturalisation and requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cuppid143
United States of America

Refused Naturalisation and requirement

Post by cuppid143 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:25 pm

dear valuable Member,
My naturalisation application was refused in 2018 due to good character requirement . now i am eligible to apply in December 2021. my question is this, can i use my expired English B1 certificate which i already used in my previous unsuccessful naturalisation application ? or i have to provide a new valid B1 certificate?

regards
cuppid143

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Refused Naturalisation and requirement

Post by London22 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:02 pm

cuppid143 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:25 pm
dear valuable Member,
My naturalisation application was refused in 2018 due to good character requirement . now i am eligible to apply in December 2021. my question is this, can i use my expired English B1 certificate which i already used in my previous unsuccessful naturalisation application ? or i have to provide a new valid B1 certificate?

regards
cuppid143
Before they refused you on a reason created to refuse or block many gaining citizenship.It is wise to provide a new certificate as the old one is expired.They would definitely find this as an excuse to refuse if you apply with old expired one.The caseworkers are trained to first look for something that can refuse someone but if you don't provide them any more chances they would have no choice but to grant citizenship.

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:40 am

London22 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:02 pm
cuppid143 wrote:
dear valuable Member,

regards
cuppid143
Before they refused you on a reason created to refuse or block many gaining citizenship.It is wise to provide a new certificate as the old one is expired.They would definitely find this as an excuse to refuse if you apply with old expired one.The caseworkers are trained to first look for something that can refuse someone but if you don't provide them any more chances they would have no choice but to grant citizenship.
London22, are you sure caseworkers are trained to first look for something they can use as a reason for refusal and only when they're sort of cornered and can't find one they will grant an application? I would suggest caseworkers are trained to ensure each applicant meets the requirements set out in law, and if there is one an applicant clearly doesn't meet the application will be refused of course. Meeting the language requirement is one of these and a valid certificate is evidence an applicant meets the requirement, and obviously no valid certificate equals to not meeting the requirement, simple as that. But to say that caseworkers will first and foremost try to find a reason to refuse an application is just misleading.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:32 am

cuppid143 wrote:
dear valuable Member,

regards
cuppid143
From your previous comments, I see that you have PR under the EEA Regulations.

I would suggest that your first priority is to apply for Settled Status before 30th June 2021. Not doing so may render you not legally resident in the UK and may delay your naturalisation application even more.

If you have not used the expired B1 certificate for a successful immigration application in the past, I believe that you will need to submit a fresh certificate.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 am

dexmo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:40 am
London22 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:02 pm
cuppid143 wrote:
dear valuable Member,

regards
cuppid143
London22, are you sure caseworkers are trained to first look for something they can use as a reason for refusal and only when they're sort of cornered and can't find one they will grant an application? I would suggest caseworkers are trained to ensure each applicant meets the requirements set out in law, and if there is one an applicant clearly doesn't meet the application will be refused of course. Meeting the language requirement is one of these and a valid certificate is evidence an applicant meets the requirement, and obviously no valid certificate equals to not meeting the requirement, simple as that. But to say that caseworkers will first and foremost try to find a reason to refuse an application is just misleading.
I'm sure that is the case.If you don't agree with me as you said it is misleading then following your own instinct apply for any application undoing just one requirement & fulfil all other requirements .Surprisingly you would get refusal on that undoing requirement.You are untouch with ultra hostile immigration policies under Tories.No worries ,just ask a few expert lawyers about "Hostile Environment".