ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for approval and Travel documents expiring

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dawntodusk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Waiting for approval and Travel documents expiring

Post by Dawntodusk » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering, if someone have similar case. I am waiting for approval for citizenship since 2018.my travel documents are expiring within 1 week. What would u advise, should i renew the travel documents?
My only concern is, if i will send it now, i might receive the approval so how can i get signed my affidavit with solicitor. I knows that GNIB/IRP should be up to dated but dont know if citizenship department accept expired travel documents with declaration?

Saab313
Ireland

Re: Waiting for approval and Travel documents expiring

Post by Saab313 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Hi
I had similar issue so first you can get affidavit signed with Expired documents or if you hold any valid ID like license you can get affidavit signed without any hesitation.

But you need to submitted original Travel details to department .

Dawntodusk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dawntodusk » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:49 pm

So my question is that, Does the citizenship department can accept the expired travel documents if i will not renew it?

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 pm

Well i applied for renewal my travel documents while I'm waiting my documents I received approval for citizenship, that Time I don't have travel documents so submitted my affidavit and IRP card and expired documents copy.
So I also submitted approval letter to INIS travel documents section thye send me email when travel documents is ready for printing they will send to citizenship.
I think better of applied for renewal .

Avoid hassle.

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:46 am

@saab 313 ....did you get your cert...kindly share your timeline, also did you force for the decision or has it happen with the pace of time?