ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa application interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newuser42
Newly Registered
Singapore

Student visa application interview

Post by newuser42 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:51 pm

Hello. I’m on a Tier 4 visa and studying a Master’s course. It will expire next year. I’m planning to apply to study a phd course next year.

If the phd course is at a different university from my current university, can I extend my current visa or would I need to apply for a new visa?

Regarding the in-country visa applications for phd courses, how usual are the credibility interviews? On paper I guess I have good credibility but I don’t always do well in interviews (partly due to language and medical reasons).

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa application interview

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm

newuser42 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:51 pm
If the phd course is at a different university from my current university, can I extend my current visa or would I need to apply for a new visa?
Either.
newuser42 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:51 pm
Regarding the in-country visa applications for phd courses, how usual are the credibility interviews? On paper I guess I have good credibility but I don’t always do well in interviews (partly due to language and medical reasons).
Not that common. I recommend you get advice on the application from the International Student Adviser at the new university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.