ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query around change of role and compensation during Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Antolarain1981

Query around change of role and compensation during Tier 2

Post by Antolarain1981 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi, I’m posting this on behalf of my employee as she is not able to post it here
My company had sponsored her visa for 3 years and she had received the Tier 2 General visa in Dec 2020.
She has subsequently taken up a new role (within my company) and moved to that role (internal transfer) since Feb 2021.
We have the following questions now:
1. Should the employee/company notify the Home Office about the change in her role?
2. Is a new COS required?
3. If the Home Office is not notified, will it be an issue when going for COS and visa extension at the end of 3 years?
4. Do we need to suggest any amendment sent to UKBA?

Any clarification will be helpful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query around change of role and compensation during Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:50 pm

Has the employees soc changed?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Antolarain1981

Re: Query around change of role and compensation during Tier 2

Post by Antolarain1981 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 am

Hi,
I dont know if i need to ask for new SOC code from the employer. After the role and salary change, i havent discussed the visa status to the employer nor they have spoken to me.

I have below questions
Is the soc code from the company is based on the salary ?
Is it ok to let this until the renewal of tier 2 general (around 3rd year) and get a new SOC code before the renewal process?
is it useful to talk to my employer and make them aware of this situation around new soc code?

note - When i applied for Tier 2 general with the company, they gave the sponsorship and i made the application myself

Thanks