ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Director or dormant company

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation and Director or dormant company

Post by nuddydian » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:06 am

Hi.
Thanks for sucha great community. Helps lot of people.

Probably i am overthinking again but just wanted to get some advise.

My wife applied for naturalisation couple of months back and we are still waiting for the decision.

Situation is. She was a director of company in 2016 fort couple of months. We quickly decided to close the firm because she decided to do a job. The company was strike of in year and no business was done on it.
She was not registered as PAYE in the company.

1. In the last 10 yr employment section we did not fill this detail. Because i think director is not an employee until he/she is registered. is this correct or we should have filled it?

2. When she opened the firm she was on tier2 dependent visa. That time i called ho and they said there is no problem with her opening comoany with this visa. But now my friends are saying she probably breached immigration laws. Is that true?

Little bit worried as i am worrier. Any help and thoughs pls?

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalisation and Director or dormant company

Post by nuddydian » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Any help pls?

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:42 pm

No problem, you are overthinking.

immee
Mood:

Post by immee » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:01 pm

UK directors are normally required to submit self assessments and declare any income withdrawn, but not if the company was completely dormant, unless you received communication from HMRC asking you to file personal tax return.

So i dont think it should not be an issue.