ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV-Spouse vs Dependant

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T Henry
Newly Registered
Iran

GTV-Spouse vs Dependant

Post by T Henry » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:26 am

Dear All,

I hop you are doing very well. I have a question regarding GVT application stage 2. I would be so appreciated if someone can guide me on this issue:

I have recently received endorsement and currently I am filling the online forms for stage 2 of the visa application. In one section, the systems asks for the details of my spouse, information such as: her name, passport number and etc. After this section, the system asks if there is anyone who is financially dependent on me. I was wondering if I should re-enter my wife's detail in this section or it is not necessary and it is for other dependents (e.g. children).

Many thanks in advance.

Cristianmon
Newly Registered
Chile

Re: GTV-Spouse vs Dependant

Post by Cristianmon » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:24 pm

You should re-enter your wife, otherwise she's not recognised as dependant. I made the mistake of not including her as dependant and then I had to do the whole application again.
Hope this helps.

T Henry
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by T Henry » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 am

Thank you, Cristian!

messengercrow
inactive
Iran

Post by messengercrow » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:55 am

Oh shoot.

I have not put my wife's name. Only my son's name. What happens now?

I have paid my fees, and the IHS surcharge, but have not submitted documents to VFS yet. Do I still have time to change? It does not allow to change after making payment.

bnthai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by bnthai » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Cristianmon wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:24 pm
You should re-enter your wife, otherwise she's not recognised as dependant. I made the mistake of not including her as dependant and then I had to do the whole application again.
Hope this helps.
At which stage did you cancel your application and apply again?

I have the same situation as you. After paying the IHS fee and application fee, I realized that I have not included my wife in the dependent list. I have made and appointment but I have not provided documents and bio metric to the visa center yet. I am thinking about cancelling it and apply a new application gain. If I cancel, how long after that can I reapply a new application? How long after the the cancelation did you receive the refund?

bnthai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by bnthai » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:11 am

messengercrow wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:55 am
Oh shoot.

I have not put my wife's name. Only my son's name. What happens now?

I have paid my fees, and the IHS surcharge, but have not submitted documents to VFS yet. Do I still have time to change? It does not allow to change after making payment.
How was your application going? Was everything ok?