ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement (Original Unavailable)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Danbrix

Spouse Visa - Tenancy Agreement (Original Unavailable)

Post by Danbrix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 pm

I am preparing my bundle for a re-entry settlement visa application. However, I have only got a copy of the tenancy agreement. I have got other original documents like
- A Letter from Housing Officer confirming the accommodation will not be overcrowded.
- A print out from the council's computer system confirming my name in the household details.
- An inspection letter from the council when the property was valued under the Right to Buy Scheme. It lists the number of rooms available in the property.

My question is - in the absence of the original tenancy agreement, would the above documents be enough to meet the accommodation criteria?

Thank you

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 pm

When i did my bundle i submitted only letter from council to prove there would be no overcrowding which you have and i proved i was up to date with my mortgage by showing statements of payments.This was accepted.So if you submit all your evidence it should be fine.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Thank you lesley15.

In our case we didn't buy the flat so we don't have a mortgage. But we will show we are up to date with our rent payments. We still need something that proves the tenancy is secure and the accommodation is available for our own exclusive use. With regard to this, the only evidence we have is the inspection letter from the council. Though my wife didn't buy the flat, the valuation couldn't have gone ahead if the tenancy were not secure. I have already attached a note in the bundle mentioning this fact.

Do you think this will be enough?

I really need your help here, please. I know there will be weaknesses in my application which are beyond my control but I am hoping there is a way to make this part of my evidence air tight.

Thank you.