ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timelimit for travel once got Tier1(General) stamped

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

timelimit for travel once got Tier1(General) stamped

Post by amit_cris » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and appreciate if somebody can provide their valuable inputs on this.

Once i got my Tier1 (General) visa stamped, is there any time limit within which one must entered the UK and leave the india ?.I got some unconfirmed news that there is some rule that one has to enter the UK within the first 3 months after getting Visa stamped, otherwise VISA stand cancelled and denied the entry in UK.

Please respond only if you have some authentic information, Pls. Do not make wield guess or assumptions.

I'll appreciate your replies.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amit

nevadawipes

Re: timelimit for travel once got Tier1(General) stamped

Post by nevadawipes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:40 pm

You can enter UK at any point during your 3yr visa duration. there is no rule as such, where u have to enter within first 3 months. it will on help u while applying for ILR if u enter 28days with the visa issuance date as u will be able to take a months holiday each year and wouldnt go over 180days max holiday allowed on 5yr period before u file for ILR.

Hope this helps

:)
amit_cris wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum, and appreciate if somebody can provide their valuable inputs on this.

Once i got my Tier1 (General) visa stamped, is there any time limit within which one must entered the UK and leave the india ?.I got some unconfirmed news that there is some rule that one has to enter the UK within the first 3 months after getting Visa stamped, otherwise VISA stand cancelled and denied the entry in UK.

Please respond only if you have some authentic information, Pls. Do not make wield guess or assumptions.

I'll appreciate your replies.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amit