ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i input UK vignette details as visa when booking flight?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BradAnne
Newly Registered

Should i input UK vignette details as visa when booking flight?

Post by BradAnne » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:07 am

My wife got her spouse visa earlier this week.

She is in the Philippines, we've gone to book a flight to the UK with Philippine airlines and it has a section where we can input visa details. Are these the details on the vignette? Or is that for when she gets her BRP card in the UK?

While booking it says:

Visa number:
Place of issue: (country or city)
Date of issue:

The vignette does not say a city or country as place of issue. It says - UKVI 07

The vignette does not say date of issue. It says 'valid from'.

So for place of issue, I wouldn't know if I'm supposed to put as it is on the vignette, or put UK or put Philippines.

I looked at a brp card and that contains all the info asked for. Should I not fill this part in? Or should I fill in with the vignette details even though it doesn't make sense?

Thank you very much

kamoe

Re: Should i input UK vignette details as visa when booking flight?

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:48 pm

You are overthinking this. Just put:

Place of issue: UKVI 07
Date of issue: validity start date

In all likelihood UKVI 07 is a code for a UKVI post in a foreign country, so just put that since that's what's in the vignette.
Usually visas are valid from the date of issue, so just put the validity start date (if not in the future).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.