ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tito1985
Newly Registered

Queries about Citizenship application

Post by Tito1985 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Hello, I have please some doubts about the following queries for the citizenship

1- We as a family of four will apply next month for Citizenship (ILR + 1 year in UK), due to travel restriction my spouse and my kids will need to travel outside UK for 3-4 month for family visit but I'll stay in UK, they will travel after the biometrics enrolment, so is there any risk for their application to be refused ? I mean I'll stay in UK due to work but they will go outside UK for the mentioned period and hopefully they can return before the ceremony

2- Can I sign off the kids from the school then sign them back again for 3-4 months while they are abroad ?

3- I have heard that we need to stay in UK after getting citizenship in order not to lost it, so in this case shouldn't I change my job for a period of time to be safe ? or once I have the passport I can work outside UK and return back normally

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Queries about Citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Tito1985 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello, I have please some doubts about the following queries for the citizenship

1- We as a family of four will apply next month for Citizenship (ILR + 1 year in UK), due to travel restriction my spouse and my kids will need to travel outside UK for 3-4 month for family visit but I'll stay in UK, they will travel after the biometrics enrolment, so is there any risk for their application to be refused ? I mean I'll stay in UK due to work but they will go outside UK for the mentioned period and hopefully they can return before the ceremony
Applicants are allowed to travel after submission and biometrics. I would really make sure wife returns for the ceremony - kids normally don't attend a ceremony.

2- Can I sign off the kids from the school then sign them back again for 3-4 months while they are abroad ?
Not something I can advise on - never tried to take my kids out of school for that long - check with your school and education authority.

3- I have heard that we need to stay in UK after getting citizenship in order not to lost it, so in this case shouldn't I change my job for a period of time to be safe ? or once I have the passport I can work outside UK and return back normally
You may have read the guidance already, if not, Page 35 on: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf - a British citizen has the right to leave or enter the UK at will, there's no residential requirement whether you are naturalised or "native".

Thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tito1985
Newly Registered

Post by Tito1985 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Thank you for your reply, so in this cases after I get my british passport and just in case I have a job offer in Europe I can go without any issue ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 pm

As far as I know, issues could arise if you apply for your first British passport from abroad - there have been cases where people applied for their first passport from abroad, based on naturalisation, and HMPO informed UKVI Nationality department - as per the guidance the assumption is that applicants intend to make the UK their home.

Of course once you are a British citizen you have the same rights as everyone else - including leaving the UK, returning, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mkassem985
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mkassem985 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:37 pm

So applying for British passport from UK not from abroad
will not have any issue