ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extending IGS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mayurbar
Newly Registered

extending IGS

Post by mayurbar » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:02 pm

hi! i am already on IGS. i got IGS in last april'08 and was given visa for one year. the new rule came in the end of june'08 saying that IGS will be for 2 years. my question is: am i eligible to extend my IGS for one more year under new rule? If so, when is the best time to extend. help needed pls!

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: extending IGS

Post by grant1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 pm

mayurbar wrote:hi! i am already on IGS. i got IGS in last april'08 and was given visa for one year. the new rule came in the end of june'08 saying that IGS will be for 2 years. my question is: am i eligible to extend my IGS for one more year under new rule? If so, when is the best time to extend. help needed pls!
yes u are. under the Tier-1 (PSW) scheme and thye best time would be 28days before u current leave finishes.

Regards
:)

tmwc1216
Newly Registered

Re: extending IGS

Post by tmwc1216 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:57 pm

grant1 wrote:
mayurbar wrote:hi! i am already on IGS. i got IGS in last april'08 and was given visa for one year. the new rule came in the end of june'08 saying that IGS will be for 2 years. my question is: am i eligible to extend my IGS for one more year under new rule? If so, when is the best time to extend. help needed pls!
yes u are. under the Tier-1 (PSW) scheme and thye best time would be 28days before u current leave finishes.

Regards
:)
if my case had been deal other Tier 1(Generl) applation but havn't succssful, will i still can send out the application with in UK?(after hearing and before 28 days)

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

IGS extension

Post by jimmymcad » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 am

My friend's case is similar. He is on IGS, and he has applied for Tier1 in his one 1 year time period though he could have extended it one more year. My question is, his IGS visa will expire in this month but his application is still with Home Office. What is the chances for him to extend his IGS, if his tier1 application gets rejected?. Will he be still to file his IGS extension if home office decisions comes after his visa expiry?
Thanks in advance.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Re: IGS extension

Post by mayurbar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 am

jimmymcad wrote:My friend's case is similar. He is on IGS, and he has applied for Tier1 in his one 1 year time period though he could have extended it one more year. My question is, his IGS visa will expire in this month but his application is still with Home Office. What is the chances for him to extend his IGS, if his tier1 application gets rejected?. Will he be still to file his IGS extension if home office decisions comes after his visa expiry?
Thanks in advance.
thanks a lot, guyz! can you pls tell me what documents should i submit this time?
also has anyone got the same situation as i am right now and how you made it happened?
thanks in advance.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

What documents should i submit to extend my IGS?

Post by mayurbar » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:03 pm

can anyone pls tell me what documents i should submit to extend my IGS (which is now called 'transitional arrangement')? do i need to submit any job offer letter this time or not? also should i include my original degree and marksheet with that or not? pls help.