ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 support letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Stamp 4 support letter

Post by kupuser » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am

Hi,

I am due to apply for a support letter for stamp 4. I have a few questions on this. Can you please advise. Note some details below;

1. On critical skills permit as ACCA qualified accountant. During Q2 2020 I was paid at 80% of salary due to impact of COVID-19. I had emailed permits section to inform them and got no reply. Salary was restored to 100% earlier this year. My salary for 2020 was still higher than the minimum threshold for CSEP.

2. This year I was promoted in June from "Group Accountant" to "Senior Management Accountant" and I informed the permits section immediately. Again received no response. Job is still based on me being ACCA qualified.

My questions are;

a) Would points 1 and 2 affect my application and can these result in refusal? I think I came across an announcement where the department said they would not penalise applicants if their pay was reduced due to COVID-19.

b) I have been employed on CSEP for 20 months. Can I apply now? On the form it says apply once worked for 21 months but on the site it says applications after 20 can be accepted but will be processed after 21 months have elapsed.

Any help with this is appreciated.
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 support letter

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:59 am

kupuser wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am
a) Would points 1 and 2 affect my application and can these result in refusal?
No.
kupuser wrote:
b) I have been employed on CSEP for 20 months. Can I apply now?
Yes (but it won't be processed until you have accumulated 21 months).

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:12 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:08 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:59 am
kupuser wrote:
a) Would points 1 and 2 affect my application and can these result in refusal?
No.
kupuser wrote:
b) I have been employed on CSEP for 20 months. Can I apply now?
Yes (but it won't be processed until you have accumulated 21 months).
I sent my email to the address highlighted on the form and site and got a response from postmaster that the email couldn't be received as the recipient's mailbox is full... I might have to give them a call.

shahbesri
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by shahbesri » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:50 pm

kupuser wrote:
Hi,

I am due to apply for a support letter for stamp 4. I have a few questions on this. Can you please advise. Note some details below;

1. On critical skills permit as ACCA qualified accountant. During Q2 2020 I was paid at 80% of salary due to impact of COVID-19. I had emailed permits section to inform them and got no reply. Salary was restored to 100% earlier this year. My salary for 2020 was still higher than the minimum threshold for CSEP.

2. This year I was promoted in June from "Group Accountant" to "Senior Management Accountant" and I informed the permits section immediately. Again received no response. Job is still based on me being ACCA qualified.

My questions are;

a) Would points 1 and 2 affect my application and can these result in refusal? I think I came across an announcement where the department said they would not penalise applicants if their pay was reduced due to COVID-19.

b) I have been employed on CSEP for 20 months. Can I apply now? On the form it says apply once worked for 21 months but on the site it says applications after 20 can be accepted but will be processed after 21 months have elapsed.

Thanks
Hi There,

I just would like to know if you have received your support letter from DBEI? Im waiting for my support letter as well, which i submitted on 30th July 2021, i think today they are processing 9th July .

Also, i want to know (if anyone has information on this?) , do you need to register in person when renewing your IRP changing stamp 1 to stamp 4 status with the supporting letter from DBEI or can you do online renewal?

Thank you in advanced
Shah

RNM
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by RNM » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:51 pm

1st September I got married in religious ceremony with Irish National . could you please advise, with Stamp 4 application / spouse visa?

Thank you

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:24 am

shahbesri wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:50 pm
kupuser wrote:
Hi,

My questions are;

Thanks
Hi There,

I just would like to know if you have received your support letter from DBEI? Im waiting for my support letter as well, which i submitted on 30th July 2021, i think today they are processing 9th July .

Also, i want to know (if anyone has information on this?) , do you need to register in person when renewing your IRP changing stamp 1 to stamp 4 status with the supporting letter from DBEI or can you do online renewal?

Thank you in advanced
Shah
Hi, my application was registered for the 9th of August and currently (as of today) they are processing the applications received on 3rd of August.

Did you get your letter yet?

I'd say online registration might still apply on us unless advised otherwise.

Thanks.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi all,

Just to update. I received my letter today.

jpsonet
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpsonet » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi Kupuser,
could you pls help on this. Did you receive the support letter thru email or post? I'm afraid that mine is getting delayed.
Thanks in advance

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am

I got the letter by email. Attached as PDF.
The letter was not signed and the email said it is not signed because we are working from home but it will be accepted by the department of justice.

If you application has been processed (you can check the processing date on the site) you should get the email. If it has passed you should check your spam folder etc.

If not there then you can give employment permits section a call and quote your application reference number. You get this when you apply via email and a confirmation is sent to your email address with this number and application acceptance date.

jpsonet
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpsonet » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm

kupuser wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am
I got the letter by email. Attached as PDF.
The letter was not signed and the email said it is not signed because we are working from home but it will be accepted by the department of justice.

If you application has been processed (you can check the processing date on the site) you should get the email. If it has passed you should check your spam folder etc.

If not there then you can give employment permits section a call and quote your application reference number. You get this when you apply via email and a confirmation is sent to your email address with this number and application acceptance date.
Thank you for replying. I got an email from EP section last week saying one of supporting document omitted in the application so asked me to send. I emailed it immediately. It's been a week now still waiting for my support letter. Don't know what's the turnaround time. Any idea here? Anyone in my situation

shahbesri
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by shahbesri » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:08 pm

kupuser wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 pm
Hi all,

Hi KupUser,

I received my Stamp 4 support letter as well, have you process your stamp 4 GNIB online application yet?

Kind regards
Shah

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:33 am

shahbesri wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:08 pm
kupuser wrote:
Hi all,

Hi KupUser,

I received my Stamp 4 support letter as well, have you process your stamp 4 GNIB online application yet?

Kind regards
Shah
I can submit my online application no more than 30 days before the expiry of current IRP card so I will have to wait till November (IRP expiring in December)

Queen Law
Newly Registered
Mood:
Guinea

Post by Queen Law » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 pm

How was your threshold great? If you paid less?
They didn't have any issue while approved?

TOL
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by TOL » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm

kupuser wrote:
Hi all,

Great,

I am in a similar situation. My salary was reduced in 2020 due to Covid. I stated this on my application.

In the beginning of 2021 i received an advance payment due to a family emergency. Thereafter my average weekly wages were lower than the amounts stated on my critical skills permit.

I have since applied for the support letter and they queried why my averages are lower than stated on the critical skills permit and I gave them the explanation above. They replied and asked me for evidence of the advance payments and also copies of all my payslips for 2021.

I have now submitted all my 2021 payslips and I highlighted the ones where advance payments were received. If my application is refused on this basis , do I have enough grounds to appeal ? Also should they say the amount are less than required for the permit, can I ask my employer for an increase in wages to ensure my wages are above the required threshold ? Also how soon can I apply again if my application is rejected ?

Do I need to engage a solicitor in this matter ?

Please advise

TOL
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by TOL » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:54 pm

kupuser wrote:
Hi all,

Great,

I am in a similar situation. My salary was reduced in 2020 due to Covid. I stated this on my application.

In the beginning of 2021 i received an advance payment due to a family emergency. Thereafter my average weekly wages were lower than the amounts stated on my critical skills permit.

I have since applied for the support letter and they queried why my averages are lower than stated on the critical skills permit and I gave them the explanation above. They replied and asked me for evidence of the advance payments and also copies of all my payslips for 2021.

I have now submitted all my 2021 payslips and I highlighted the ones where advance payments were received. If my application is refused on this basis , do I have enough grounds to appeal ? Also should they say the amount are less than required for the permit, can I ask my employer for an increase in wages to ensure my wages are above the required threshold ? Also how soon can I apply again if my application is rejected ?

Please advise

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 am

TOL wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:54 pm
kupuser wrote:
Hi all,

Great,

Please advise
Hi,

In my view if you provide all the evidence (i.e. Covid related reduction + advance payment) I think they will be reasonable and approve your application. Usually the payslips show the gross pay and the repayment of advance deduction separately etc. so that should be sufficient evidence. Plus if you have given them all the evidence I think there is no ground for your application to be refused as you have actually worked as per the permit and were paid.

When my salary was going down (due to COVID) and up (due to promotion) I was emailing the permit section within weeks of these changes with the evidence so my file was already updated for those hence they didn't ask me again during the time of application. I also had 1 deduction similar to a loan but it was shown on the payslip and I wasn't asked about it.

I wouldn't get a solicitor just yet but if they refuse (hopefully they won't!) you might discuss with a solicitor then to ensure all aspects are covered in the reply. Not sure how long a review takes but I'd say it will be approximately 1 month.

TOL
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by TOL » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:49 am

Thanks for your reply. Since the series of questions and answers from the lady at the department, I have had no communication for over a week now . I'm on 20 months of my critical skills permit.

I am not sure if the silence means my answers were convincing or that the application has been rejected. I have not received any further emails.

Do you think anything can be read fro this?
Also, has anyone received their support before month 21?

I'm very nervous about this.

Thanks once again.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

I applied when I had worked 20 months on the permit but as per the rules the application opens after you've worked 21 months so I don't think usually the decision is granted before that.

Maybe they have what they need after the correspondence with you. Hopefully you will get it.

TOL
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by TOL » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Thank you your reply.

I am still waiting. The 21 months will be up on the 28th of November 2021.
Did your receive your Stamp 4 support letter before the 21 months were up or only after . I see from your reply above that you also applied after 20 months but before the stipulated 21 months.

I am very anxious about this since I now have a really good offer with another company but I can not start until I receive my stamp 4.

Thank you once again

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:17 pm

I received my letter after 21 months had passed

TOL
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by TOL » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:37 am

Thanks fir your help and support. I have received my letter today.