ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Expired sponsor passport

Post by Fjk47 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi guys
I need some advice. I am applying for my wife's spouse visa. I need to apply by this month but my current passport has expired. I am waiting for a new one but this could take weeks. Can I just use my expired passport details for sponsor and put in a note im waiting for my new one

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Expired sponsor passport

Post by Korekt » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Is there an alternative document that proves settled status, British citizenship etc.?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Not enough cohabitation evidence

Post by Fjk47 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 am

Looking to apply for visa extension. Have all required documents but not enough evidence to show cohabitation for 2 years.
Only have nhs letters in wife's name as wife had baby
No joint statements
No bank account
No bills as I live with parents.

Have photos of us together at home and outdoor (i know this is not cohabitation evidence but better than nothing)

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Re: Not enough cohabitation evidence

Post by Fjk47 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:21 am

Just to add i have enough evidence in my own name but only one source (nhs) for wife.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:57 am

Fjk47 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 am
Have photos of us together at home and outdoor (i know this is not cohabitation evidence but better than nothing)
You can't submit this. The rules specifically require evidence of correspondence in both your names at the same address. Any correspondence in your wife's name is acceptable.

You will need evidence from 3-6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months for the last two years.

This has been a requirement since July 2012 and is not anything new. Spouse visa holders should always plan accordingly. The same evidence will be required again for ILR too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Post by Fjk47 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:38 pm

I have now found another letter on my wifes name from HM revenue to say she cant claim child benefit. So now I have 2 different sources (NHS and HMRC) of correspondence for my wife and more than 3 different in my name.
I don't think I have any more sources of correspondence in my wife's name- is there anything I can do?

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Try and go to your GP and request a letter to state when you have registered in their practice together if you have. Also ask your neighbour to write a letter to state how long they have known you living together but you will need a copy of their ID and proof of address. That might fill the gap for you.

Good luck.

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Post by Fjk47 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm

Thank you for your reply. Is it worth getting a statement from my mother and brother who live with us. My father has already provided a letter confirming we have lived here and for permission to remain here.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 pm

Yes

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Post by Fjk47 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 pm

1.If you left the UK, do you and your children have
family or friends in the country you would return
to?
For this question I answered no. I have now submitted the application but I think I misunderstood the question as the answer should've been yes as my sons grandparents (my parents- im the sponsor) live here in the UK.
Will this affect the application?

2. I am yet to book an biometric appointment, is there a deadline for when you have to book an appointment by after submitting the online a6

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Post by Fjk47 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 pm

Online application* not a6

Fjk47
Newly Registered

Uploading documents

Post by Fjk47 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:33 pm

I'm at the stage of uploading documents to the ukvcas website. Do I need to upload every page in my wife's passport including blank pages or only pages with visas and stamps?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Uploading documents

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:27 pm

Fjk47 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:33 pm
I'm at the stage of uploading documents to the ukvcas website. Do I need to upload every page in my wife's passport including blank pages or only pages with visas and stamps?
Applicant- Upload pages(visa n stamped pages to show immigration history)
Sponsor- Biometric page