ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jimmybones100

EU family permit

Post by Jimmybones100 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi guys,
Got an EU family permit to visit my sick father in law in Spain,am non eu married to a Spanish citizen,and they have given me 30 day visa,does anyone know how long a n EU family permit should be valid for or I will be better just applying for a schengen visa,
Thanks in advance .

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: EU family permit

Post by ALKB » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:25 am

Jimmybones100 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:53 pm
Hi guys,
Got an EU family permit to visit my sick father in law in Spain,am non eu married to a Spanish citizen,and they have given me 30 day visa,does anyone know how long a n EU family permit should be valid for or I will be better just applying for a schengen visa,
Thanks in advance .
Your situation is not clear.

Do you live in the UK?

Are you going to travel with your Spanish spouse?

Which authority has issued you with an EU family permit?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:29 pm

ALKB wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:25 am
Jimmybones100 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:53 pm
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance .
Your situation is not clear.

Do you live in the UK?

Are you going to travel with your Spanish spouse?

Which authority has issued you with an EU family permit?
Before brexist While you said non EU resident you can travel with spanish spouse without visa 3 month but now after brexit is different you need a visa to spain
Then you have a visa to spain 30 day only
So you have family EU permit you must apply to settle status ( pre settle ) change you card .
And how many years you have famliy permit EU ??

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am

Sorry for not making it clear,I live in UK,we both have settled status and am just going to Spain with my spouse to visit my father in law who is in hospital and was hoping for a six months EU family permit but have been given just 30 days.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Jimmybones100 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am
Sorry for not making it clear,I live in UK,we both have settled status and am just going to Spain with my spouse to visit my father in law who is in hospital and was hoping for a six months EU family permit but have been given just 30 days.
Did you apply alone without invitation person in spain?
When you apply by invitation person in spain they will give you visa 90 day within 6 months .

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:11 pm

My Spanish spouse who lives here with me invited me but I guess next time I will tell my brother in law or father in law to invite me cause 1 month visa ins useless really.