ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Residency Certificate for British national

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KJacks
Newly Registered

EU Residency Certificate for British national

Post by KJacks » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello wonderful people.

I would love to have your detailed advise on this please.
I want to move to Portugal and live there as my friends and family lives there for sometime.
I have never been there as yet.
Now I am a British passport holder and the passport was issued with European Union written on it if that makes any difference.
I have been told that if I have the passport issued by European Union written as issued way before Brexit I can just go to Portugal and to the town hall where I will live and claim EU residency Certificate which costs €15. But I seek your clarification on that. I would also like to get my husband to join me in Portugal who is currently residing in the UK with me on UK residency permit, so will need your wonderful advise regarding that.
Lastly if it’s possible we would like to bring his parents to Portugal who are from Indian subcontinent.
Thanks a million in advance and please fire way any questions to clarify if not clear enough.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: EU Residency Certificate for British national

Post by ALKB » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:01 pm

KJacks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm
Hello wonderful people.

I would love to have your detailed advise on this please.
I want to move to Portugal and live there as my friends and family lives there for sometime.
I have never been there as yet.
Now I am a British passport holder and the passport was issued with European Union written on it if that makes any difference.
I have been told that if I have the passport issued by European Union written as issued way before Brexit I can just go to Portugal and to the town hall where I will live and claim EU residency Certificate which costs €15. But I seek your clarification on that. I would also like to get my husband to join me in Portugal who is currently residing in the UK with me on UK residency permit, so will need your wonderful advise regarding that.
Lastly if it’s possible we would like to bring his parents to Portugal who are from Indian subcontinent.
Thanks a million in advance and please fire way any questions to clarify if not clear enough.
The UK has left the EU, so no matter that your passport was issued while it was still part of the EU, it is now, in fact a non-EU/EEA passport and you and your parents-in-law will have to satisfy third country immigration requirements.

To take advantage of the rules under the Withdrawal Agreement, you would have had to move to Portugal by 31st December 2020.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.