ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March & earlier applicants-no decision yet?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

camary2
Newly Registered
United States of America

March & earlier applicants-no decision yet?

Post by camary2 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:29 am

I applied for Naturalisation in March so will be hitting the 6 month target for processing in September and have as yet, no decision.

Just wondering how many of us March (or earlier) applicants, like myself, are still waiting?

Will you be chasing/ following up the status of your application once you hit the 6 month mark and if so, how will you be doing this?

I have had ILR for 35 years so I am thinking maybe it will take a long time to go through my record, but I don’t know if that has anything to do with how long it will take, or if it is just random?

I noticed on this forum that some applicants get an email when over 5 months have passed, to say the processing time target of 6 months will not be met….is this type of email the exception or do most/all people who are delayed get this? Does it mean anything if I don’t?

Also does anyone with experience of the process know of the way that yields the best response to enquires regarding the status after 6 months?

Hopefully, those of us waiting will all get a response soon, but I’m just trying to get an idea of what my next steps should be, if I don’t hear soon and would really like to hear of other’s experiences!

Thanks.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Re: March & earlier applicants-no decision yet?

Post by Mrsdoc » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Hey!
Head to “general-discussion-on-naturalization-applications” and it’ll give some answers for your question as it has lots of posts from people sharing their experiences while waiting for their approvals.