ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of all expired BRP/BRC cards

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrsdoc
inactive

Return of all expired BRP/BRC cards

Post by Mrsdoc » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi,
I have a question. I’m fully aware that once I become a citizen after my citizenship ceremony I must send my current BRC (yes, I have “card” not “ permit”) card to HO. But I still have got all of my old and expired BRPermits which I had never been requested to send back.
If I include my old cards in addition to my current BRC and send it to HO (obviously cut in a half),could that be a problem in case HO questions why I still have my expired cards?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Return of all expired BRP/BRC cards

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 pm

Been on the forum for years now but don't recall any reports about issues with returning BRP/BRC (cards) - late or multiple cards. Or anyone being fined.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Re: Return of all expired BRP/BRC cards

Post by Mrsdoc » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:55 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 pm
Been on the forum for years now but don't recall any reports about issues with returning BRP/BRC (cards) - late or multiple cards. Or anyone being fined.
Thank you Alterhase58, I obviously know there’s a fine for a BRP non-return after receiving a citizenship but for any other cards- I want to make sure I don’t get into trouble for that.