ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaelhitch

Apeal

Post by yaelhitch » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:08 pm

I have got my appeal for my husbands spouse visa in December. he was refused due to my lack of finances as i was a student. i know have full time job and earing enough money to support us.
can i send my new payslips and bank statements to the judge and also a statement from myself and my husband explaining the situation?
my lawyer told me the judge only looks at the evidence placed in the original file but the AIT people said i can send them new documentation.
any kind of answers would be appreciated thank you

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi, I had my appeal in september and it was about my finances. I added new evidence to make my case stronger and so long as you get it to the AIT by the week before your hearing date they will add it to your bundle, my new evidence was added to the back of my original bundle and i sent it in in plenty of time.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 am

If it is an out of country appeal the only additional documentation that can be considered has to be in existence at the time of the decision. Thus if some document that could have been put in but was not, that can be submitted and considered.

In country appeals are different. Documents after the date of decision can be placed into court.

In your case as an out of country appeal the documents that you propose will be accepted by the AIT but not considered. In other words it is a waste of time, better to forget the appeal and put in a fresh application.