ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa - funds maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Student visa - funds maintenance

Post by Shreakh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 am

Myself being the main applicant, I wish to apply for the student visa for me and my dependents (my wife and the child). I have a enough money in my bank account as fixed deposits. Can me or my wife having a personal loan in the same bank be a problem for my visa application ? Will the home office check whether the main applicant or dependents have any loans ? (suspecting that whether these funds have been obtained by the applicants via a loan facility) My fixed deposits are completely independent and can be widthdrawn at any time. In fact, the loans haven't been taken against the fixed deposits.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Re: Student visa - funds maintenance

Post by Shreakh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:46 am

Further, I'm applying from overseas and money is held in a local bank of my home country.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:29 am

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:09 pm

Shreakh wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 am
Can me or my wife having a personal loan in the same bank be a problem for my visa application ? Will the home office check whether the main applicant or dependents have any loans ? (suspecting that whether these funds have been obtained by the applicants via a loan facility)
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.