ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which route is best..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alexandria2021
Newly Registered
Egypt

Which route is best..

Post by Alexandria2021 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi

I have just joined this forum and am hoping to gain some advice from you.

Background
I am an Irish citizen married to a non EU citizen (Egyptian ) for the last 14 years. We currently live in Egypt and have two Irish children. He has come to visit my family with us numerous times but we need to apply for visas every time /every couple of months. I usually go home every school holiday Christmas, Easter, all of the summer.

I was wondering what the best route for us to get something more long term which gives us more freedom and not have to fill out visa applications every three months.

We do not want to live full-time in Ireland. We both have jobs here and the children are in school,however, I do want us to be able come over and back multiple times a year.

If he gets another short stay visa for Christmas is it possible to apply for a stamp 4 when he is in the country on this type of visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Which route is best..

Post by Vorona » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:11 pm

Ask Irish embassy to give your husband a visa with longer validity. My sister got a two-year multiple entry tourist visa after getting two single ones. Your husband as a regular visitor should be able to get one. Stamp 4 would be rational if you decided to live in Ireland, it is only for residents, not for visitors.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Which route is best..

Post by littlerr » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 pm

The validity of short-term visitor visas is usually based on the nationality of applicants and bi-lateral agreements between the two countries. For example, Chinese applicants with ample travel history can be given a visa valid for 5 years.

I’m not aware of short-term visa for longer validities for Egyptian applicants. For countries without special agreements, the validity is always between 3-6 months.

I am not sure if asking embassy for a visa with longer validity would work, if you don’t have any compelling reasons.

The only Stamp 4 (or any stamp) that he could get without actually living in Ireland is through IIP Scheme. He is explicitly prohibited from applying for residence permission if he arrives on a short term visitor visa.