ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mismatched grandmother deals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elainemacarthur
Newly Registered
Ireland

Mismatched grandmother deals

Post by elainemacarthur » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:25 pm

My grandmother was born in Tipperary on August 13th 1904 as Mary Maher, her father was Thomas Maher and her mother Mary Maher nee Dwyer. They called her Millicent at home.

This info has been proved through DNA tests

Granny moved to Scotland as a very young girl following the fishing fleet as a herring gutter. She married my Scottish grandfather in 1925. She however had no birth cert and was listed on her marriage cert as ...

Millicent Mary Maher born 13th April (not August) 1904 also her mother's maiden name is noted as O'Hara not Dwyer. Her father's details are correct.

I have a copy of her birth cert, her parents wedding cert and the 1911 census showing her at home with her family

Advice please if there is any point in me applying for Natulraisation or would it just be rejected with the discrepancies. Hopefully Elaine

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Mismatched grandmother deals

Post by Vorona » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Don't publish personal details of another people even if they were related to you on the forum.
You may be eligible to apply through Foreign births register (FBR). Ask here:

ireland/foreign-birth-registration-t277641.html

Dub23
Ireland

Re: Mismatched grandmother deals

Post by Dub23 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:22 pm

How sure are you which set of information is correct?

You might have the wrong Irish birth record. People in those could have made mistakes with date of births, but the maiden name going from Dwyer to O'Hara is unlikely to be a mistake.

elainemacarthur wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:25 pm
My grandmother was born in Tipperary on August 13th 1904 as Mary Maher, her father was Thomas Maher and her mother Mary Maher nee Dwyer. They called her Millicent at home.

This info has been proved through DNA tests

Granny moved to Scotland as a very young girl following the fishing fleet as a herring gutter. She married my Scottish grandfather in 1925. She however had no birth cert and was listed on her marriage cert as ...

Millicent Mary Maher born 13th April (not August) 1904 also her mother's maiden name is noted as O'Hara not Dwyer. Her father's details are correct.

I have a copy of her birth cert, her parents wedding cert and the 1911 census showing her at home with her family

Advice please if there is any point in me applying for Natulraisation or would it just be rejected with the discrepancies. Hopefully Elaine