ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse citizenship after husband naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

guessaname
Newly Registered

Spouse citizenship after husband naturalisation

Post by guessaname » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi,

I got my naturalisation application approved recently and soon going to get an Irish passport. Will it be possible for my wife who is also staying here in Ireland since 5 years to apply for naturalisation as a spouse of and Irish citizen (naturalised)?

Thanks
g

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse citizenship after husband naturalisation

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:14 pm

guessaname wrote:Hi,

I got my naturalisation application approved recently and soon going to get an Irish passport. Will it be possible for my wife who is also staying here in Ireland since 5 years to apply for naturalisation as a spouse of and Irish citizen (naturalised)?

Thanks
g
Yes, so long as the five years residence that your wife has are five years of "reckonable residence".
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse citizenship after husband naturalisation

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:44 am

guessaname wrote:Hi,

Thanks
g
You should have applied at the same time, unless your wife's permission to remain was based on studying in Ireland. If she had permission to remain because you are employed in Ireland, then she was eligible at the same time you became eligible.