ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help on English test on naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benefit10

Post by benefit10 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning ,I got a disturbing email today from the home office ,in 2016 I applied for indefinite leave and I used my B1 test too but application was refused .I was told I should apply for indefinite in 2017 which I did by submitting my B1 test from Trinity college and it was granted .I applied for naturalisation July 2021 and I received this email now and I quote

[personal information deleted by moderator]

Thank you for your application for British Citizenship. We need further information to enable us to consider your application. Please send all the documents listed below to the following address: nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk
If you do not send this information by 5/11/21 your application may be refused. Please include your name and our reference number in any correspondence to us.

Evidence of KOLL

Evidence of English language and knowledge of life in the UK
Your life in the UK is accepted, however your English language qualification was taken more than 2 years prior to your application. Also your qualification was not accepted at your indefinite leave to remain grant as you were exempt at time. Therefore we require a English Language qualification please see below for further advice on how to obtain.
Evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language. You can find out the different ways to show you meet the English language requirement here: pls what should I do now

benefit10

Post by benefit10 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 am

Good morning ,I got a disturbing email today from the home office ,in 2016 I applied for indefinite leave and I used my B1 test too but application was refused .I was told I should apply for indefinite in 2017 which I did by submitting my B1 test from Trinity college and it was granted .I applied for naturalisation July 2021 and I received this email now and I quote

Thank you for your application for British Citizenship. We need further information to enable us to consider your application. Please send all the documents listed below to the following address: nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk
If you do not send this information by 5/11/21 your application may be refused. Please include your name and our reference number in any correspondence to us.

Evidence of KOLL

Evidence of English language and knowledge of life in the UK
Your life in the UK is accepted, however your English language qualification was taken more than 2 years prior to your application. Also your qualification was not accepted at your indefinite leave to remain grant as you were exempt at time. Therefore we require a English Language qualification please see below for further advice on how to obtain.
Evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language. You can find out the different ways to show you meet the English language requirement here: pls what should I do now

Ikonkar
India

Re: Urgent help on English test on naturalisation application

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:30 am

Your English language test is valid for 2 years from the date of your naturalisation application.....
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:03 am

benefit10 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 am
I was told I should apply for indefinite in 2017 which I did by submitting my B1 test from Trinity college and it was granted .

Also your qualification was not accepted at your indefinite leave to remain grant as you were exempt at time. Therefore we require a English Language qualification please see below for further advice on how to obtain.
Under what category did you apply for ILR? If you were exempt from KoLL or English Language B1 at the time of your successful ILR application, then they are correct. Else, they are mistaken.

Were you exempt from the English Language requirement when applying for ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:12 am

If, as the HO say, you were exempt from the English language requirement when your ILR was granted, and therefore your now expired English test wasn't used for the ILR, then unfortunately you'll have to prove your knowledge of English again by one of the ways set out in the HO email.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

benefit10

Post by benefit10 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:10 am

3yrs x 2 discretionary leave to remain, then applied for ilr in 2016, which was refused on d basis that I haven't finished 6yrs of discretionary leave ,then I applied for ilr again 2017 by submitting seto form same day and was granted .I used the b1 test for the 2 ilr application

benefit10

Post by benefit10 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:16 am

and also I just booked another b1 test with trinity college for Sunday 17 of Oct, will it be accepted if I send them the examination results instead of the certificate ,will they accept the examination result ,as the certificate will take weeks to get to me ,and home office gives till Nov 5 till prove my English ,thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:28 am

Your B1 test result and certificate
If you have passed, you can then use your UER number to proceed with your UKVI application.